Problems contacting Coach Net Emergency Riadside Assistance in Alaska.

chiefneon

Howdy!

We had a break down in our MDT while towing our 5er in Alaska yesterday. Scary Time due to now know to be a blown turbo. Once off the roadway I started trying to contact Coach Net for help. Every number I called including the new app I download to my phone gave me a busy signal. After over a hour and a half I reached out to my daughter in Texas and asked her to try to contact them. First call CN answered and in a very confusing conversation between me, my daughter and CN they came through with excellent service. Dispatched a truck for the the MDT and one for our 5er. The problem is I had very good cellular phone service but could not connect with CN. I know there was a discussion some time ago regarding having problems contacting CN in Mexico and having to dial a different number. We’re on Alaska which is in the USofA. I had a break down in Newfoundland a couple of years ago and had no problem contacting CN. Anyone know how to solve this as our adventures in Alaska will continue and hope I don’t need CN services but I can’t call them to find a work around to the problem.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Shoot Gary. I think you came upon the solution all by yourself. Just post your daughters phone number for the next one of us that breaks down in Alaska.

HEY EVERYBODY!!!  Gary's daughter can helps us out with calling Coachnet while in Alaska!!
Wait! What? $200 a call? For the first 10 minutes? $10 a minute after that?

HEY EVERYBODY!! Nevermind!     
:) :rolleyes::)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Howdy!

Big5er I found out CN is in Texas today so what’s the problem?

I called CN on a hardline phone from the RV park today here in Alaska. Told them the problems we had contacting them. The young girl who answer the phone for CN didn’t know what a busy signal was. “Am I that old”? She gave me another 800 contact number for CN I called it got a busy signal and let the young girls hear it over my cell phone. Of course they have never had this problem. So I took my AT&T phone in to a store in Wasilla. They did several things to try to fix the problem but nothing worked and everyone else’s cell phones had no problem calling CN. They had AT&T International tech Service contact me. They worked on the problem even contacted CN and know one knows how to fix the problem. It seem it’s only happening to my wife and my phones iPhone 6s Plus. The tech parting works were maybe a upgrade would solve the problems. Not looking to spend a thousand dollars plus each on a new phones. Looks like there’s no fix to the problem so if we have more problems for now contacting CN we’ll as Nig5er states “use out Texas connection”.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

You might try using a VOIP app that routes calls differently than the direct cell service from your phones. Google Hangups works well for us with a Google Voice phone number that we normally have forwarded to our phones. A VOIP app would also work with your phone connected to another cell/WiFi device or service such as a hotspot or park WiFi. We use our VOIP apps on our Verizon phones when we're in a weak Verizon area, but a strong AT&T signal for our hotspot.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Howdy!

Dutch, I”be never heard of a VOID app but will see if it is available for iPhone.

Al, When I talked the CN on a hardline yesterday I asked if the had a local number other than toll free. Their asnswer was NO.

We even went to a Apple Store today in Anchorage, AK. They checked out iPhones and found nothing wrong and referred us back to AT&T advising it must be a problem with our service plan and it7 not a problem with the phones. We are waiting to be contacted again by AT&T tech support.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Just to be clear, it's "VOIP", Voice Over Internet Protocol". I don't know what VOIP apps are available for Apple devices, but I'm quite sure there are some, including Skype as mentioned. I think Skype requires payment for a non-Skype to Skype (landline) connection, but I may be wrong about that. 

Dutch

Howdy!

Dutch, thanks you. I just download a VOID iPhone app called Free Tone and it let me call the CN numbers. So until AT&T gets the problem worked out with Account contacting CN this just my help if we need service here in Alaska.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you , Gary. VOIP apps can be really handy in "iffy" cell reception areas when you have an alternative WiFi service available.

Dutch

Archived