How's the weather in your 'neighborhood' ?

Pat & Pete

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, rpsinc said:

yesterday we had 116, and we're NOT in the desert.

Where are you now? That's hot, even if it is dry heat!

Here in ND there is an extreme heat warning today as temperatures are expected to get well into the 90's!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 6/29/2018 at 10:36 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Got caught in the hail up near Sturgis.  Damage to the RV and truck.

Sorry to hear about the hail and damage... no fun.   A couple days later, we took a trip up thru Spearfish Canyon, Roughlock Falls, Cement Ridge Firetower... and found Severe wind damage - BIG trees down and likely evidence of a tornado.

Wish you well with your RV & Truck repairs.

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

Jim how'd it go with the hail repairs?

Our drought broke last weekend with spotty steady rain without flash floods all this week and predicted into next week. Temps today stayed under 90, but humidity is 57% now. I'll be so glad to get out of the South with its weather as temps climb more every year it seems.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

18 hours ago, RV_ said:

Jim how'd it go with the hail repairs?

Our drought broke last weekend with spotty steady rain without flash floods all this week and predicted into next week. Temps today stayed under 90, but humidity is 57% now. I'll be so glad to get out of the South with its weather as temps climb more every year it seems.

Still working on it.  The adjuster was out looking July 9, still waiting.....

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Jim,

Hope your adjuster us good!

107° Heat index here today and getting hotter every day in the next week. Humidity 57 again.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

22 minutes ago, RV_ said:

Jim,

Hope your adjuster us good!

107° Heat index here today and getting hotter every day in the next week. Humidity 57 again.

I'm glad we're in cooler air.  High today is 89-90 with a little humidity.... 32%.  The locals think its hot, but its great to me.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Soon we should be cruising in our Scamp fiver in similar weather house hunting. I just did the weekly yard cut and trim for the three acres I mow. I leave the back two acres as woods with a trail we like to walk. I will not miss the heat, humidity, and so much yard to cut. We don't want anything more than an acre this time. Envy you guys. 

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

5 hours ago, RV_ said:

Soon we should be cruising in our Scamp fiver in similar weather house hunting. I just did the weekly yard cut and trim for the three acres I mow. I leave the back two acres as woods with a trail we like to walk. I will not miss the heat, humidity, and so much yard to cut. We don't want anything more than an acre this time. Envy you guys. 

Maybe you should have left all 5 woods , but for the buildings ? ;)

Here , it's currently 69° , on it's way to the upper 80s a bit later today . 

It's what the locals call monsoon season , so , scattered showers .

Goes around , comes around .

Pat and Pete,

The front lawn is 300 feet from the house to lawn, have a big steel building on a slab, a smaller steel building, and a pond, then woods. No can do and keep the property value. And it is for sale with hookups on the side, great for RVrs who love heat and humidity.

We got a reprieve as it was supposed to be 97 today. Clouds and spotty showers lowered the temps and increased the humidity.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Our summer monsoon season is finally in full swing here in SW Colorado, repeated long rainfalls over the last week. All NFS fire restrictions have been lifted in all 3 nearby National Forests. We desperately needed every drop of rain. Some residential water wells nearby went dry for the first time in 50 yrs. The drought also effected our local wildlife, a lot more sightings of elk, bear, moose, mountain lion, big horn sheep, out grazing in the open. Still July and we've had at least 12 black bear sightings, looking for an easy score in the neighborhood rubbish. Its usually Oct before we see the bears down here around town. 

Here is a shot from my ATV last week, a heard of beautiful elk grazing out in the open below a  ridge with an ATV trail.  (the dead trees are some of the thousands of bark beetle kill)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/moWS9WZdDMNRM3uq8

Jim

18 minutes ago, JRP said:

Our summer monsoon season is finally in full swing here in SW Colorado, repeated long rainfalls over the last week. All NFS fire restrictions have been lifted in all 3 nearby National Forests. We desperately needed every drop of rain. Some residential water wells nearby went dry for the first time in 50 yrs. The drought also effected our local wildlife, a lot more sightings of elk, bear, moose, mountain lion, big horn sheep, out grazing in the open. Still July and we've had at least 12 black bear sightings, looking for an easy score in the neighborhood rubbish. Its usually Oct before we see the bears down here around town. 

Here is a shot from my ATV last week, a heard of beautiful elk grazing out in the open below a  ridge with an ATV trail.  (the dead trees are some of the thousands of bark beetle kill)

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOpyp8EK3hhfVS0QA3OU9OP-nrz7oNuY0y9Mimy

Sorry , but , your link produced

404. That’s an error.

The requested URL was not found on this server. That’s all we know.

SW New Mexico is suppose to be in the monsoon season , too . We might have had a combined total of 3/4" . Just enough to wet the surface and not much more . Our rains have been more the raid type where they start and stop in short order or the edge of a storm kind of skims us . 

But , we still have the dry heat . ;) Currently only 106°F ( feels like 113° ). Humidity is 11% . 

4 hours ago, JRP said:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/moWS9WZdDMNRM3uq8

Agreed , nice shot . I see a young bull in the foreground . 

24 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Where are you Jim? Nice elk picture. 

I'm at my summer home in the hills outside South Fork, CO (east of wolf creek pass). That photo of the elk herd was taken 40 miles north of here, out in the boonies of the Rio Grande National Forest

Jim

9 hours ago, JRP said:

I'm at my summer home in the hills outside South Fork, CO

Here in North Dakota, it has been a wet summer up to the past couple of weeks, which the wheat farmers like as harvest is getting close now. Temperatures seem to have returned to pretty normal with highs in the low 80's and lows in the 50's. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Right now we are at our home in the Dominican Republic.  Here is it HOT (mid 90s), Humid (75% or more every day) and DRY.  We have had no real rain here in 3 months and the gardens are not doing well.

Thankfully we leave (have been here for 4 weeks this time) Sunday for the mountains of NC and on up the east coast for 4 months or so.

momdoc

• 1 month later...

We had our first dusting of snow last night, up on the mountains above 10,000 ft. The overnight lows have been dropping through the 40's and now into the 30's. Fall arrived a bit early this year. The aspens are already in full color mode up in the high country. (SW Colorado).

Almost time to pack up and head to my sailboat for another winter in the Bahamas.

Jim

We're currently about a mile south of the Canadian border on the bank of the St Lawrence Seaway. Yesterday it was 90+ deg.F here, and today we'll top out in the mid-70's. Summer yesterday and a taste of fall this morning... ;)

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived