roadside assistance

richfaa

OK. We are changing our roadside assistance. We check around and do this every couple of years or so.We had coach net a few years ago and had no problems with them. We see Escapees roadside assistance  but we do not see coach net . We have read the post that talk about the "new" escapees Roadside assistance. What happened to coach net can we still get it via Escapees. What is the general opinion about the Escapee program. We have Allstate via AARP now.We have used them with no problem but they sort of turned me off in phone conversations with them.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

2 hours ago, richfaa said:

What happened to coach net can we still get it via Escapees.

I kind of doubt it, but it never was purchased from Escapees but Coach Net gave Escapee members a discount. I renewed mine just before the Escapee program was announced so have not checked since then. 

2 hours ago, richfaa said:

What is the general opinion about the Escapee program.

It is new enough that there really haven't been many who used it yet. I too am watching what reports there are. I will probably change next year when my current plan expires. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Firm vote for "none of those you listed!

US Rider.  No hay burner/s necessary. Tow whatever you have - *you* must be there.

Backup plan = American Motorcyclist - no "iron horses" necessary there either. ($50 per year, 35 mi tow limit).  Same as above - tow whatever you have.

The reps at either one are a pleasure to talk to.

Of course, on the road - any or all "Motor Clubs" may be served by the same contract provider.

Good luck with your choice.

. .

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I kind of doubt it, but it never was purchased from Escapees but Coach Net gave Escapee members a discount. I renewed mine just before the Escapee program was announced so have not checked since then. 

It is new enough that there really haven't been many who used it yet. I too am watching what reports there are. I will probably change next year when my current plan expires. 

I was not clear enough I knew coach net was purchased through  Escapees. I just  did not find any reference to it anywhere.

I think I will go with the new Escapees plan. I have  the confidence in Escapees that  their plan will be as good as or better than Coach net.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

1 hour ago, rm.w/aview said:

There's a thread titled Escapees Roadside Assistance started by Kirk Wood on January 23 that'll have the answers you seek, especially the posts on February 2 by Georgianne, Marketing Director for Escapees RV Club.

Thanks for that. We found the thread and remembered it. It did fill in some things I was asking about.

We had a good conversation  with the Escapees Roadside service  folks today. Our Allstate plan runs out in August and we are pretty sure we will go with the escapee plan. 

8 minutes ago, Kirk Wood said:

Keep us posted if you will. I'm tentatively planning to switch next year when my present policy expires. 

We will do that.

• 2 weeks later...

We signed up with the Escapee road service plan yesterday. Easy to do and the person at Escapees was helpful and knowledgeable. We had coach net a few years ago and had good luck with it. We are coming off the AARP roadside service plan through Allstate. We had that plan for 3 years and used it twice with not a problem. We were however unhappy  with their customer service and we don't need to be unhappy about anything.

The Escapee plan is comparable with any plan  out there. 99.00 for the new user I assume for the first year.

Archived