Coach net, we’re broke down all I get is a busy!

chiefneon

Howdy!

We’re traveling in Alaska on the Glennallen Highway just south of Palmer. Our MDT broke down and I’ve been trying to call Coach Net now for almost and hour. All I get is a busy signal on the phone line. Tried the app and that doesn’t work either. WTH!

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

Howdy!

Up date: Don’t know why but AT&T cell service with four bars of LTE could not connect with Coach Net. 

I had to call my daughter in Texas and have her call CN. Four hours later we had a tow truck will  flatbed  trailer pick up the 4400 International. They are taking it to the International deal in Anchorage tomorrow. Tow service had another truck pick up our 5er and towed it to Big Bear RV park in Wasilla.

On another note CN called Alaska Highway Patrol who then call me on my cell phone. I advised I was mostly off on the shoulder of Highway 1, but on a bad curd. On help there they advised they were shot handed and could not send anyone.

“Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

I have decided the bars are a meaningless ploy to keep us happy. I have had great service when I have had no bars and no service when I have had 4 bars.

As one of our precautions we have one phone on ATT and one phone on Verizon. Figure one of them should work a majority of the time.

18 hours ago, SWharton said:

I have decided the bars are a meaningless ploy to keep us happy. I have had great service when I have had no bars and no service when I have had 4 bars.

As one of our precautions we have one phone on ATT and one phone on Verizon. Figure one of them should work a majority of the time.

Howdy!

It had nothing to do with bars. We had excellent service. I could talk to anyone except Coach Net. I even tried today while I was at the International truck dealer. All I still get is a busy signal when calling CN, that’s a real problem.

I know there was a discussion regarding contacting CN while traveling in Mexico and I beyou had to dial a certain number to reach them. Alaska is part of the USofA and it should not be a problem. I had no problem contacting CN when I had a break down in Newfoundland.

On the side of good news they called and confirmed the turbo had blown. They ordered the part and should be here tomorrow and my get the truck back very soon.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Not sure everyone is aware, but some Toll Free numbers are bought as US only.

Toll Free numbers do not actually exist.  They are a marketing scheme to tell the carriers to reverse any charges for toll to the called party, not the calling party.  The actual number inside the network(s) is a non-dialable number (like 133-xxx-xxx or such).  It is simply related in the network to that specific DID number, that does exist.

My guess is that the Coach Net TF number is an American toll free number only.  When traveling out of country, never dial the American TF number.  Find the true DID (Direct Inward Dialing) number of the company and call that number.  If you try that, I bet you get through.

American by birth, Southern by the Grace of God.
Lewis Grizzard

Howdy!

I have contacted CN, AT&T even went to a Apple Store in Anchorage the problem is not the phone everyone seems to think its a Account problem. Everyone else can call CN but our two iPhones can not connect to any of the CN numbers. CN does not have what I call a Local number they are all toll free numbers. Until AT&T gets it worked out or not I have downloaded a VOID app which lets me call CN numbers on my phone.

”Happy Trails”

Chiefneon 

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

10 hours ago, dewilso said:

Hang in there Gary, at least you’re outta the heat in E Tex.

Howdy!

Dave, we are good to go. Got the truck out of the shop yesterday and runs great. We’re having a heatwave here in Palmer, AK it’s in the seventies today and tomorrow but thank goodness it’s going back down in the fifties and sixties after that. We actually turned the AC on for the first time since crossing the Canadian border back on Memorial Day.

” Happy Trails”

Chiefneon

Gary & karen

2016 Smart Car Prime

Archived