Devils Tower, Wyoming

homelesshartshorns

Rapid City, Sturgis, Deadwood, Lead, Spearfish, Belle Fourche, Aladdin Wy , Aladdin, Hulett, Devils Tower, Sundance, Four Corners, Newcastle, Hells Canyon, Custer SD

Stopped over night in Rapid City and then on to Sturgis, Deadwood and Lead for a big day of bike riding and checking out the Tourist Shop’s.  Its amazing to watch rain storms coming over the plains. You can watch a storm for an hour or two coming your way to only find it raining on you for a few minutes. Finally ran about twenty miles of interstate up from Rapid City to Belle Fourche. And then back on our two lane Journey.

Came at the Devils Tower from the north and following the Belle Fourche River through Aladdin and Hullett. Wonderful old Coal Mine to explore along the way with a neat 115 year old grocery store in Aladdin, WY. Population 15! The town of Hulett is also very picturesque.

When we got to Devils Tower the weather was cool and perfect to hike the tower trail. Not a lot to see here unless you want to clime the tower!  But the camp ground is very nice dry camping.

Made our ways back to the Black Hills taking a route through the Thunder Basin National Grassland and onto the Crazy Horse Campground in Custer, SD. Staying here for four days and see what we can see in the Black Hills National Park.

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

3 hours ago, homelesshartshorns said:

see what we can see in the Black Hills National Park.

I spent all summer there in 2014 but never heard of any Black Hills National Park? Custer State parks is great, as is Mt. Rushmore Natl. Monument. There is a Black Hills Natl. Forest. Jewell Cave and Wind Cave are both national parks. All are worth a visit. I'd also suggest a stop at the Mammoth Site, and also at the Wild Horse Sanctuary .

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

been there done that got the T shirts.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

Archived