Inverter question

My Teton came with a Xantrex freedom 458. It quit inverting. Charges fine. As many of you know, we are going 48v later. Is there an inverter that will work with 12v and program later for 48v? Looked at Magnum hybirds and they don't. Nothing is burnt in my Freedom unit. Think it is a relay. May try to fix for now.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Glenn , 

While you're 'fixing' , check the slow burn fuse(s) for continuity .  They always looks fine from the outside , but , we can't usually see the working part . The ones that I've come across and have replaced are soldered into the board and made to look non-replaceable . High probability of an attempt at planned obsolescence . 

Goes around , comes around .

54 minutes ago, GlennWest said:

Two capacitors. Both pretty and shinny. Got a mirror and looked at all components. Nothing ovious. 

Bad caps an be shiny . Bulged is not good . They should be flat on the top .

Here's a pic to show differences . 

Top-view-of-a-row-of-failed-capacitors.j

Goes around , comes around .

That's what I leaning toward. It just don't switch over to invert. Invert works, hums when turned on, stays on standby like it does on shore power. I tried resetting, tapping on unit. Nothing worked. I need to get a battery and bench test it. Tap on relays until find which it is. DW says buy new one. Only thing is going 48v later. I could wire existing batteries to 48. I have 4 12v. Then get my inverter. Just have to be carefully about load since they not high amp batteries. I would have to try the mini split on it though. Lol. Would likely have to get another battery for the slide out pump. That why I hoping simple fix.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

How about the fan, is it running?  My fan failed a few years back and caused the unit to quit.

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

On 6/24/2018 at 7:23 AM, GlennWest said:

Is there an inverter that will work with 12v and program later for 48v? 

Not that I'm aware of.  I have a Cotek 4kw 48v.  Works fine.

It's pretty amazing to be able to run a/c from an inverter, a 48v lithium battery pack and solar without creating heat in the batteries, wires and connectors.  That was a problem when I was on 12v.   Nice to arrive at the CG with a cool trailer.

Archived