Cabella's

SWharton

On 1/15/2019 at 6:05 PM, trailertraveler said:

There was a call for a boycott of Cabela's related to their firearms sales and perceived association/support of the NRA, but this was after the merger with Bass Pro. The same boycott resulted in Dick's Sporting Goods deciding to end ammunition and firearms sales. There was a call for a boycott of L. L. Bean based on one of the Bean family member's campaign contributions during the 2016 election.

not about guns, but rei has pulled a water bladder from there shelves due to the company selling them to the army.

politics, being anti gun and being pc is way out of hand.

company's should look at what sells and make money off of it not send the customer base away.

REI will never see a dollar from me again.  I went in there around a year ago to get a backpack for deer hunting.  I asked why they didn't have any camo backpacks (or camo anything).  The answer is because they don't want to encourage hunting or even stealth animal watching.

Reply to Carlos, 

Why go to a non-hunting store for a camo backpack for deer hunting?

REI is an outdoor adventure type store.  There web site is all about the environment and saving the lands for all generations both public/private and federal.  Go to there web- site rei.com

There info on trails/camping/canoeing and all other outdoor activities.

I have never seen anything to do with hunting in any of there stores, except for emergency defense items (bear repellent spray, noise bang/flash  to scare wild animals off.

Plus the OP was talking about Cabela's now part of Pro-Bass.  And he was asking talking about over night parking and waste dumping.

57 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Because I was already there to buy other things.  Which I left on the counter after that.

So I suppose when you go to Burger King to get some fries, you leave them on the counter, when you find out you cant get a Big Mac at Burger King?

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

2 minutes ago, pjstough said:

So I suppose when you go to Burger King to get some fries, you leave them on the counter, when you find out you cant get a Big Mac at Burger King?

I don't eat junk food. 

REI can simply not sell something.  Choosing to avoid a certain product because of their political position is totally different.

• Kirk W locked this topic

Archived