Feeler

Darryl&Rita

Wondering if there's any interest in a North Rally, in 2019? Sometime between May 1 & September 30. The location would be based in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Depending on the time of season, and toad vehicles, a trip to grizzly country is possible. Tech seminars might be possible, and would be tuned towards demand. Golf is available to all skill levels. Farm tours might be possible, again depending on demand. Let me know if there's any interest from the Alaska bound, or returning crowd. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Will depend on the timing. We are heading up to Alaska right after the ECR in Crossville, TN.

Dan & Bree

2010 Freightliner Cascadia 125, DD15, 455hp, UltraShift (Yetti, For Sale)

2015 Grand Design Reflection 308BHTS Travel Trailer (For Sale)

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing this back up. Right now, the middle of May looks like the best bet, before Victoria Day long weekend. I've talked to a couple guys, and have tentative approval to stop by a couple trucking company yards. One specializes in heavy haul, off road work, and has some huge rigs. The other is a frac company, and has trailers like Jack talks of building. Their new control vans even have slides now. 

May is too early for fruit or vegetable harvest, but the local Farmers Market will be in operation, with homemade treats, and handicrafts. 

Give us ideas for your interests, we'll do our best to find something to look at.

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication

Please e-mail us here.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this back up, thanks to Jim (of Jim and Wilma fame) for getting me off my butt. 

Right now, the tentative time frame is looking like either May 21-25, or 27th, on.The long weekend will be the 18th-20th, but if demand warrants, we could have it that weekend too. We'd just need to get reservations made earlier. We have about 12 sites with 50 amp power/water that will handle a typical rig, and probably 5 30 amp power/water/sewer sites.

I'm not sure yet, if there will be a full blown agenda, or more of an informal gathering. Let me know what the preferences are. I have talked to a mobile mechanic, who is willing to help any who need it. This time of year is good, due to a possibility of a late "Break-up". This is when the frost is coming out of the ground, and road bans go into effect for a while. Load capacity shrinks, so sitting becomes de-rigeur. Let me know what you guys are thinking.

On Thursdays, the local burger chain has a free car show, as I've posted before. A local service group (Rotary) runs a free tour Tues-Thurs, that gives a good history of the area. Rita is thinking of a small painting project, for anyone interested. Any other wants, or needs, let us know.

I don't really know what I'm doing, but I can muddle my way through.

Please e-mail us here.

Cathy and I would be interested in planning to attend on our way to Alaska.  A 40 ft. fifth wheel probably would not be considered a "small painting job" for Rita, but what about just the end caps?  😁

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Sounds like a plan!  We're good for 21st thru 25th.

For our fellow HDT'ers heading to AK for the summer, it'll be a great opportunity to meet and great.  Since there aren't that many roads in AK, it's likely our paths will cross again during our journeys and that's fun.

Thanks Darryl for taking the initiative.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

On 6/21/2018 at 9:49 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

Wondering if there's any interest in a North Rally, in 2019? Sometime between May 1 & September 30. The location would be based in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Depending on the time of season, and toad vehicles, a trip to grizzly country is possible. Tech seminars might be possible, and would be tuned towards demand. Golf is available to all skill levels. Farm tours might be possible, again depending on demand. Let me know if there's any interest from the Alaska bound, or returning crowd. 

Just throwing this out there, but how bout a summer long rally?
That way people traveling to Alaska could stop and spend a few days and get together with who ever else is in the neighborhood, I know that the group we are in have no hard travel plans, and this might be the same with others, but we are open to stopping and enjoying the sites, and company of others along the way. 

What ya think?

Roger

Edited by Hewhoknowslittle
fat fingers, small brain

GCTaaehl.jpg

10 hours ago, Hewhoknowslittle said:

Just throwing this out there, but how bout a summer long rally?
That way people traveling to Alaska could stop and spend a few days and get together with who ever else is in the neighborhood, I know that the group we are in have no hard travel plans, and this might be the same with others, but we are open to stopping and enjoying the sites, and company of others along the way. 

What ya think?

Roger

Totally do-able, assuming smaller groups. We're the busiest Jun to August, but early reservations should handle that. 

Right now, we're looking at the last week of May, after the long weekend. That's the unofficial start of camping season in Canada, and we're typically full. We will be officially taking reservations beginning May 1st, via the website: http://Rotarycampground.com

Please e-mail us here.

16 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

Totally do-able, assuming smaller groups. We're the busiest Jun to August, but early reservations should handle that. 

Right now, we're looking at the last week of May, after the long weekend. That's the unofficial start of camping season in Canada, and we're typically full. We will be officially taking reservations beginning May 1st, via the website: http://Rotarycampground.com

Are you going ebe at the HDT rally in Hutch this year? Would love to discuss the further. We would be interested in going at the end of May and maybe again on our way back through therein September or so.

fnMLSAUl.jpg

Never say never, but it seems to be about a week too early for us. We usually work the first week of Oct, then visiting with family in the way south eats more time, to the point we usually cross into the US around the 3rd week of Oct. 

Please e-mail us here.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:49 PM, Darryl&Rita said:

we typically do Southern Alberta in July sometime, so would be open to heading North sometime before or after.

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

• 1 month later...

Leaning on the boss to get either a pulled pork, or cheeseburger party together for 1 supper. Probably run about $5 for a plate, with a drink. Any interest? This could either be a local entrepreneur, or the Rotary BBQ crew doing the cooking. Let us know.

Please e-mail us here.

Darryl,

Won’t be able to attend as we’re planning New England trip after ECR but would be happy to answer or help you with any organizational questions you may have.  Not a pro but after 10 years with the ECR even a small group can require more work than you might think.  Just P.M. if you need anything and we can link up.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

• 3 months later...

Bumping this back up, as summer travel plans get finalized. May 20th is the official holiday, so the Rally/gathering will commence after that. Any interest in tours/sightseeing should be added here, to allow a head-count to gauge interest.

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 months later...

Update: I have a fab shop tour booked for the afternoon of May 28. Automated welding, brake, and semi-auto paint work. Tour will include a body and paint shop, as well as the custom fab shop that built our deck. Thursday will be a car show and shine, in the afternoon, at the local drive-in restaurant. I'm looking to get either a food truck, or the Rotarians to bring their grille trailer for pulled pork or beef on a bun supper on Friday. This will depend on demand, and will probably be a pay as you go event, around $5 per person.

Please e-mail us here.