Transfer RV registration to South Dakota

remoandiris

remoanmdiris     I'm not familiar with SD but I bought a truck from a forum HDT man in Minn and had him fax me a copy of the title and took it to DMV and they said they would honor the MH title. Get the persons name so if someone else tells you no go back to them. We live in Va. Good luck!    Pat

The Old Sailor

3 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

We purchased our Western Star this spring.  It was titled in Montana as a motorhome.  We made the title change to SD and everything went smooth.  Now registered in SD as a motorhome.

Thanks much.  So no inspection to make sure SD requirements for a MH title or anything?  No one looked to see heat, water lines, permanent toilet, etc?

You sign an affidavit stating that your "Motorhome" has 5 of 7  (6-8??) of the requirements to meet the Motorhome standard.  They might ask for pics.  We have the fridge, microwave, bed, Portapotty, 120AC power via a separate battery bank.  No questions asked.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

19 hours ago, remoandiris said:

Thanks much.  So no inspection to make sure SD requirements for a MH title or anything?  No one looked to see heat, water lines, permanent toilet, etc?

No....we registered ours remotely through Americas Mailbox and no questions or comments.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

9 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

No....we registered ours remotely through Americas Mailbox and no questions or comments.

Perfect!!  Thanks much.  Probably going to spend a couple days in SD this trip so I have the receipt for SD residency good for a year.  Eliminates the need for a SD trip if the FT plan comes to fruition.  Might make it easier with HDT planning, too.

Archived