Walmart vs. Amazon

SWharton

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a bit more to it than just pricing.

shipping, driving to pick up, delivery times, where one can ship to. all have there costs.

wallmart does not deliver....yet. amazon does.  ups will deliver to some po boxes.

fed up is a bad joke.

heck even my medical supplyer has its own delivery service ( but only to a street address).

yes amazon pricing can be beat most times ( you do pay for the "free" shipping). but it is right to my front porch  or to my po box ( seller thing here). so can you say convence? fast shipping?.

wally wourld/ china mart. same items, same quanty, qualty?  and then you have to drive there to pick up.

lots of companys are doing the "free" in store pick up deals, for on line purchase. some times you can even come out ahead in the deal.

some online sales are store returns, manf seconds, defective,  chinese cheap copys, etc.

just buyer beware. shop around for best pricing.

33 minutes ago, packnrat said:

wallmart does not deliver

Sure, they do.

33 minutes ago, packnrat said:

wally wourld/ china mart. same items, same quanty, qualty?  and then you have to drive there to pick up.

Walmart delivers.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Wal Mart has proven the place in the competition for me. In my travels I have stayed many govt run parks that has noting to do with mail or packages. USPS will take general delivery letters but packages ????. Walmart will work for you on the pickup/delivery. Need special Vehicle parts most parts stores will special order and hold for pickup. Amazon has great difficulty even providing me with a track numbering to a know addressee.

Clay in northeast MN

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

For those ordering from Amazon, there is another delivery method available that you may not have discovered - Amazon Lockers.  Not available in all cities, but when you check out look for the option for one near your location.  I believe they have added them to all the Whole Foods stores...

150150.jpg.30f49e1e712c4af11a1e8f523a24f5d1.jpg

Travel photos RV Blogs Journals & Travelogues at:
http://www.lakeshoreimages.com
My Travel Blog - Jon's Journeys

not ever used china--er--a--wall mart for delivery or pick up. might look into it. ( closest store to me is over 40 miles. all stick n brick).

as to the amazon lockers only read about it. so something eles to  research.  but i do know amazon, ups. ( some deliverys) will deliver to a usps po box.   fed-up is to be avoided. street address only.

Another option I've used on occasion is go have USPS packages delivered to a nearby UPS store. They do require filling out an authorization form ahead of time and paying a small handling fee though. 

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived