Dish Tailgator Pro 2 by King

I looked through a bunch of posts but still looking for some advise on this dish set up for two TVs. 

It comes with two Wally’s as well. 

Im aware only one sat at a time and watch channels on each tv that are on same sat. 

I heard this unit won’t receive sat in eastern US?  We would need the Pathway 2 to get both western and eastern arcs. 

Is it just we would be limited to some channels or no service in the east with tailgator? 

Is it a better option for us to get the pathway since we travel more east of the Mississippi? Florida more. ?

Thanks! 

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

The Tailgater will work anywhere east of the Mississippi that you have a clear view of the southwestern sky towards the western arc sats. What it will not do is work where the only view is towards eastern arc sats more to the southeast. It also won't let you view those local stations in the east that are only on the eastern arc sats. The Pathway X2 solves both problems...

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Thanks! 

I’m leaning towards a Traveler install. And set up with new hopper and run three TVs. 

I need to see how that setup will work. Read on here where there is a switch that is avail to keep the std LMB setup I think? 

Wondering what other units I’ll need to connect to the Bedroom and outside TVs  

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

35 minutes ago, billr said:

Thanks! 

I’m leaning towards a Traveler install. And set up with new hopper and run three TVs. 

I need to see how that setup will work. Read on here where there is a switch that is avail to keep the std LMB setup I think? 

Wondering what other units I’ll need to connect to the Bedroom and outside TVs  

For a Hopper 3, you will need a DPH-42 Switch that connects to the three coax outputs of the standard DPP LNBF head to the Hybrid signals needed for the Hopper 3.

As for the other TVs, you can either use Joeys for each TV or if you don''t need to watch separate programming on one or both of the TVs, you can use a HDMI splitter.

I have four TVs, two on a HDMI splitter and two Joeys.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived