How do I delete this thread, I figured it out?

mr. cob

Howdy All,

Sorry for the thread start, I figured out my problem how can this be deleted?

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

You can't , so you might as well fess up what you thought your problem was and what you did to fix it . ;)

Howdy Pat & Pete,

Well, after several unsuccessful attempts to edit my signature and change the photo from the Freightliner to the Pete, I actually found via the search function ( something I have rarely ever been successful in using ) the instructions on how to edit this bit of the signature.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pat & Pete,

Well, after several unsuccessful attempts to edit my signature and change the photo from the Freightliner to the Pete, I actually found via the search function ( something I have rarely ever been successful in using ) the instructions on how to edit this bit of the signature.

Dave

So , persistence really does pay , at least this time . ;)

Good you got it sussed . 

Goes around , comes around .

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Holy crap does that picture ever make that truck look long.

Howdy Nigel,

It's a "Hood", the rest of the truck is quite short. :D

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

53 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

So , persistence really does pay , at least this time . ;)

Good you got it sussed . 

Howdy Pat & Pete,

This is one of the very few times I was able to find what I needed using the search thingamabob usually it comes up blank.  I must have lucked out and put the right word in the search request.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Well,

I finally figured out how to get my profile photo to display, its only taken four years, can't say as I care for the rounded off version but its finally there.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

3 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Ha . Sometimes , progress is a bit slow . ;)

Howdy Pat & Pete,

I think I am going to use this thread as an ongoing display of my computer ineptness, its a tragedy the whole world should be able to enjoy and laugh at.:lol:

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

40 minutes ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Pat & Pete,

I think I am going to use this thread as an ongoing display of my computer ineptness, its a tragedy the whole world should be able to enjoy and laugh at.:lol:

Dave

Maybe you should charge admission . Just about every other form of entertainment does .  :D

Good you can admit your 'weakness' . ;)

2 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Maybe you should charge admission . Just about every other form of entertainment does .  :D

Good you can admit your 'weakness' . ;)

Howdy Pat & Pete,

Why back in the olden days when I first started to crash computers, I joined the ADV-Rider web site, I was one of the first 100 or so folks to join now there's close to a million people who are registered on that web site. 

Anyway, my lack of computer expertise was recognized by the folks who started that site when they set up the "smiles" they gave many of them names, over there when you type ": cob" what shows up is a cartoon guy sitting front of a computer pounding on the keyboard, after a couple of key punches a fist comes out of the computer screen and knocks the guy out. 

That was back in August of 2001, I finally gave up trying to use a pc, about 8 years ago I bought a Mac, now at least I am not crashing the thing just by looking at it and for the most part it works flawlessly, so I now have the proper machine but I am still ignorant of how to use it. :(

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

I started with computers in the late 70s . No Apple or Microsoft . 

Had my problems , but almost always able to find my way out of the woods . I still don't use most of what the machine is capable of .

I've had the pleasure of administrating and moderating ( still mod ) sites . One of which attracted the founder of advrider . Nice guy . 

• 2 weeks later...
On June 23, 2018 at 5:00 PM, Pat & Pete said:

I started with computers in the late 70s . No Apple or Microsoft . 

That's cool.  My exposure goes back that far but I can't say experience.  My uncle and some friends had a computer shop in a college town.  Cassette tape drive? How fast is yours?  Lol

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

1 hour ago, Sculptor said:

That's cool.  My exposure goes back that far but I can't say experience.  My uncle and some friends had a computer shop in a college town.  Cassette tape drive? How fast is yours?  Lol

Ha . In the case of 'computers' , the old saying : 'they don't make 'em like they use to'  might be a good thing . ;) 

38 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

Ha . In the case of 'computers' , the old saying : 'they don't make 'em like they use to'  might be a good thing . ;) 

Amen to that as I remember the cost to double the size of my first computer from 8K to 16K was several hundred Dollars.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

My problem is I get them to work once and then can't remember what I did that time. If you remember how you got the correct result perhaps you can put the sequence in this post. 

I wonder if I use the search correctly my self. For example I am looking for a new gps and I tried garmen versus Magellan gps and it would come up with threads for one word only. I am sure there is a thread on how to use search already I am just not smart enough to find it.

25 minutes ago, Lance A Lott said:

My problem is I get them to work once and then can't remember what I did that time. If you remember how you got the correct result perhaps you can put the sequence in this post. 

I wonder if I use the search correctly my self. For example I am looking for a new gps and I tried garmen versus Magellan gps and it would come up with threads for one word only. I am sure there is a thread on how to use search already I am just not smart enough to find it.

If you want to search for multiple words , like 'garmen versus Magellan gps' , try putting that phrase between quote marks , like

"garmen versus Magellan gps" . 

You may have to try different versions of those words , as the search will likely only bring up exact wording . In this case maybe vs. as opposed to versus .

And , there's the fact that not all search engines are the same , so ...

Archived