Redwood trailer

alan0043

Al,

We love our Redwood.. After all the miles we put on it in the last two years, this is the first fifth wheel that I haven't taken back to our dealer Amos RV in Bradner, Ohio. There is nothing wrong , the axles are good the shackles aren't wore out. the trims not loose and the appliances work just fine. I may replace two tires this spring before the ECR, but that's it. We stay warm / cool as needed and I had the Nomad Detailer come to our residence and seal and deglaze the unit. Honestly , I would buy another .... that's my two cent's worth. 

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

22 hours ago, NTPA Announcer said:

Al,

We love our Redwood.. After all the miles we put on it in the last two years, this is the first fifth wheel that I haven't taken back to our dealer Amos RV in Bradner, Ohio. There is nothing wrong , the axles are good the shackles aren't wore out. the trims not loose and the appliances work just fine. I may replace two tires this spring before the ECR, but that's it. We stay warm / cool as needed and I had the Nomad Detailer come to our residence and seal and deglaze the unit. Honestly , I would buy another .... that's my two cent's worth. 

Hi Denver,

I can't wait to catch up with you and Miss Judy at the ECR this coming spring.

Talk to you later,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• 4 weeks later...

We bought a brand new 2016 Redwood 36RL. We did a lot research prior to this purchase. We have heard all the horror RV stories about all the other brands and decided to spend a bit more and buy the Redwood. The RV is now 3 years old and we only had one repair and it was covered under warranty. Buy quality, you will get quality. We are now selling our Redwood and hope the next owner is as blessed as we were.

On 6/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, rpsinc said:

Remember that Lippert is the usual manufacturer of 5er frames, but they build to specs often provided by trailer manufacturer.  I dont fault their frames for the problems we sometimes hear about, because it requires looking at the plans that the frame was built to.  Companies can sometimes avoid any bad press and slough it off to Lippert when they have engineered a frame that is not to what is needed, so that they can save a few dollars.

Do your due diligence as part of your research.

After some time has lapsed since I posted this, I have seen some frames built by Lippert that were built to specs from a manufacturer but when I see bad welds, incomplete welds and welds not where they need to be based on good practices, it is unfortunate that quality and workmanship are poor in their company.  I am so glad that I dont have a Lippert frame under either of my 2 5ers.

Shame on Lippert for delivering bad quality welding and ending up with failures like I saw at the National HDT Rally.

Marcel

Archived