Tom Sawyer Campground

rynosback

Located in West Memphis.  Just a heads up for people heading this way.  
Do not go there.  
There voltage is WAY to low.  My Progressive industries EMS would cut the power.  As one of the legs would fluctuate from 100-114 volts.  Not good for your electronics and electric motors.  The maintenance guy replaced the breaker with no change. The maintenance guy was kind and said that he would make it right.  He then had us move to another site and the same problem was there also.  The office stated that they are booked and they even gave us another site and if I wanted to leave that they would refund us.  All of this took 3 hours in 95 degree tempitures.  
I later found out that there 400amp transformer was trying to put out 500amps.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We love Tom Sawyer's watching the barges go by.  Yes we had a power issue once of the many times we have been there but the place was not full.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

We have been there several times (in the spring) when it wasn't full (or 95 degrees) and had no power problems according to our Progressive EMS.  Sounds like we don't want to be there in the summer when it's full and hot.  We did have to leave once due to rising water.       Greg

Greg & Judy Bahnmiller
Class of 2007
2014 F350
2007 HitchHiker Champagne

Both sold 2/19, settled in Foley, AL after 12 years on the road

http://bahnmilleradventure.blogspot.com/

We stayed a week once in fall and had no problem with the electricity and we do have voltage protection and a very visible voltage meter.  Sounds like a place to avoid in summer. It is also not the only one, there are many campgrounds that can't support all the RVs running their air conditioners at once.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

We have stayed there a number of times. Never had any issues with our EMS system alerting or shutting down. There have been times that we could not stay there because the whole place was pretty much under water as it is inside the main levy. There is a high water mark just a few feet below the peak of the roof of the two story bathroom/laundry building.

I worked at a park that only had this type of problem when they were full, and it was very hot.  The older parks were not built to support all of the rv's along with all the additional electronics and appliances that everyone has .  2 refrigerators instead of 1, sometimes 3 air conditioners, dishwashers, washer/dryers, ice makers, de-humidifiers, or humidifiers etc.  If you are in a park having problems, not using these extra things can help a lot.

Pat DeJong

7 hours ago, chindog said:

We've also stayed there several times with no electric problems.  Were you in the north or the south section?  We've always stayed in the north section.

I was in site 11 in the first section at first, not the two river sections.  Then was moved to there reserve lot, I think there are three sites there.  It is across from the first section toward the office.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

We've always been in the river section with sites 40 - 76.  The last time we were there, there was a movie crew that was staying in the section where you were.  We never found out what movie they were filming, but they had a lot of movie equipment and cameras, and were filming back in the tent section in the forested area that would be to the west of where you were.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

• 1 year later...

I stay there in 2011 in January passing thru from CA to DC. We stay for a week. Pretty empty and quiet.

The staff was great, even pick me up from the airport from a side trip. I always feel nice affinity to that park.

In 2019 summer (July), the park is full and we can't get a spot. There may be the time of low voltage.

Today, I believe,  you can have power Power inverter with battery which can supplement the low voltage. 

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels