Lots of Windows 10 Updates Yesterday

DJW

Lots of Updates yesterday.  I counted 10.  They all downloaded and went through the install mode and then the message came up that they could not complete the updates and set everything back to the way it was.  We try again this morning.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

have been watching this update process happen. Make sure you turn on METERED CONNECTION for your wifi monitoring.  That will block the automatic updates from happening, until you want them.  No need to burn your HOT SPOT air time with updates.

Also FYI you can update from WIN10 HOME, to WIN 10 PRO for almost free.  Just get an old WIN7 PRO key off an old disk, and use that to activate/update the key on your existing WIN 10 HOME deivces.  Just did this last week and worked fine.  Then looked up WIN 7 PRO cost for a key on EBAY and found they are $5. 

offroad

Not a problem I live in a S&B's with high speed internet.  Thanks for the upgrade tip to Win 10 Pro.  I had a Win7 Pro key and just completed the upgrade.

Dennis

USA Master Sergeant Ret.

17 hours ago, DJW said:

offroad

Not a problem I live in a S&B's with high speed internet.  Thanks for the upgrade tip to Win 10 Pro.  I had a Win7 Pro key and just completed the upgrade.

Dennis

yes.  MS may give us hell, but its nice to get something back. 

Archived