3.15 amp 250 vac fuse

Wrknrvr

I am curious where one may find one of these locally. Or in another controller used on RVs.

https://www.alliedelec.com/search/productview.aspx?SKU=70149708

This is just a picture, but I need one that is 3.15 amps 250 vac.

I have a power gear leveling controller that has stoped retracting a rear jack. I talked to power gear and they say, and there service documents say to replace the fuse.

So I never Sean a fuse as such or did not realize what it was. The customer would like it fixed a sap . So just wondering where one may find one . I have lots of RV boards laying around . But I even thought they may be in a CB radio..

Thanks. Vern

A radial sub-mini you'll likely only lay hands on at an electronics supply store. Can't think of any RV appliance boards that might have one. Possibly out of a stand alone battery charger, a TV power adapter/power supply, lighting ballast... (?) It'll have to be a 120/240 device for any hope of finding one to rob.

Might consider just "MacGyver'ing" a standard fuse holder onto the board to hold them over for a couple of days while you order one in.

I've seen that style fuse in a cordless drill battery charger. I  soldered an inline fuse holder in it's place, as a temporary fix. It's still there. There is a Grainger store in Billings.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

Thanks for all the good thoughts. If it was mine I would do something to fix it.

But it is a customers , so should be done correctly.

I did think of a appliance repair shop that I am going by today so will stop there.

No Grainger in the local.

Safe Travels,.   Vern

3 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

I did think of a appliance repair shop that I am going by today so will stop there.

An appliance repair might have them as some microwave units do use such a fuse but I'm not sure of the value those are. I can't think of much else that I have seen those used in for appliances, but it is very possible that they might be there. Any good electronic supply house should be able to get them if not in stock. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Montana is similar to Canada, "local" is a rather open definition of geography. 

Just make sure the problem is resolved before smoking the replacement fuse.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

I would want to know whats wrong with the unit that is causing the fuse to blow( If it is in fact blown). You may be spending a lot of time for a final fix only to find that you need more fuses during trouble shooting. 

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Archived