maxi vs fantastic vent by domestic

bags

I need a new fan. The maxair has more features and  is less expensive than the fantastic vent by dometic. Which is better in you folks considered opinion. I need a cover so we can run it in the rain, and I need power lift and want to run it from my wall thermostat. All help and advice is appreciated.

JB

John and Michal Bagley 1999 Volvo 610 the 'Millennium Falcon', 400 hp ISM, Autoshift Gen 2, single axel w/steel bed, Pressure Pro, VMSPC, Trailer Saver Air Hitch, 3 bags, 38 foot Royals International, and our 3 dogs.

I can't compare, but I will say that we are happy with our MaxxFan Deluxes.  Replaced all of out Fantastic fans this winter after one went bad.  First I just switched out the bad one, but after the install I was impressed with how much air they move without a lot of noise.  Plus easier to clean.  Got two of the 7000K and two of the 5301K.  Happy so far

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

I currently have two Vortex II fans that do a "decent" job of cooling when dry camping. I doubt they move as much air versus the bigger more expensive fans WELL DUH. While the full vent covers up top are great to keep rain out yet the fans still function, in my experience they restrict air flow versus if no cover is there, another WELL DUH.

In my way of thinking an "apples to apples" comparison for comparing one fan to another would be THE CFM RATING.  Its how many CFM of air the fan exhausts from the RV to the exterior that matters. My fear of an expensive fan with all the bells n whistles and remote control and automatic open or close and rain sensors etc etc is some or all will eventually stop working grrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol.   

Your RV Your money Your choice

John T

A great deal of the questions will depend on which model of each one that you have. I think that Fantastic has been around longer, but both of those companies have been bought out by larger parent companies. While Dometic does own Fantastic Vents, Maxxiar is owned by Airexcell Brands and both companies are large and growing corporations. Fantastic has a history of exceptional factory support but Maxxair has a pretty good one also and both have good reputations. When we purchased a vent fan recently, we chose based on the price for the features that we wanted. I have in the past owned products from both companies and each served us very well. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Our coach came with two Fantastic Fans, and they've served us well. We did add the Maxxiar Cover to the FF over the kitchen area, for usage in the rain. 

Due to concerns with Solar Panel shading, we did not add the Maxxiar cover over the bathroom fan. So about 15 months ago, we swapped the FF out with the Maxxiar fan. When it's closed, the low profile does not shade our panels. When it is up, only in extreme AM or PM, depending upon the angle the coach is parked, do we have a problem. 

We do like the ability reverse the Maxxiar fan for in the evening in warm, but not hot, weather. It adds just enough air flow to the rear of the coach, to make a difference in comfort. 

FF installed in 03, with one motor replacement about 6 years ago (Now have the old FF, as a back up unit!). Maxxiar? Time will tell:)!

Best to all,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

Fantastic Fan has an excellent warranty. One of my acrylic lids cracked, visited their website to order one and discovered they have a  lifetime warranty. I phoned their customer service, explained about the cracked lid (which was 17 yrs old), the lady said shipping was $16, give me your address and I'll UPS a new one to you.☺️

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived