Where are you spending this summer?

Kirk W

We will go to northern Illinois to see a  son a daughter, then farther north to see grand daughter..  On to Iowa to  see son and family, on to Des Moines to see daughter, son in law 3 grand children and 3 great grand children.  in Omaha we will see son and daughter-in-law.  Spend a good  bit  of time in Utah, then Austin TX to see grandson and then home.  I would like to stay longer but We have to finalize a golf tournament to raise money for Homeless Families with Children.  Every child deserves a home.

• 1 month later...

Hey Kirk,

Looks like we will be in your area tomorrow. Planning to visit the Lewis and Clark Center on Monday. Will you guys be there? Visiting the Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile complex in Cooperstown today.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

38 minutes ago, Rover said:

Looks like we will be in your area tomorrow.

We work on weekends and on Sunday I'll be one of the interpreters at the old Ft. Mandan, which is a part of the Lewis & Clark center but 2 miles away. Entry fees apply to both and one should see both. Try to come on Sunday if at all possible as I'd like to meet you but have an appointment in Bismarck on Monday morning.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

What are the hours you will be there? We are traveling Sunday but may arrive early enough that we could still visit after we get setup. We usually don’t plan anything else on travel days but would like to meet you too.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

3 hours ago, Rover said:

Hey Kirk,

Looks like we will be in your area tomorrow. Planning to visit the Lewis and Clark Center on Monday. Will you guys be there? Visiting the Ronald Reagan Minuteman Missile complex in Cooperstown today.

Vicki

That's a neat place.  I have a friend that worked there back in the day.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We are grounded this summer first since 2006 we are at our S &B. Both Helen and I have some minor medical issues that need taken care of. Helen is on crutches as  she fractured a bone in her leg while unhooking the 5th wheel. I will have surgery on my left knee in August . We will both be back on the road by October

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

15 hours ago, Rover said:

What are the hours you will be there?

We will be at the reconstructed Ft. Mandan from 10 am to 5 pm today. Sorry to be slow responding but it was a busy day yesterday as the park we are staying in was hosting a music festival fundraising event for the Cancer Society and I was busy all afternoon & evening. 

Not sure where you plan to stay, but if you get by the fort and it is late, just ask for me at the desk and you could still wait until tomorrow to see the center museum as the two are separated. I'll also private message you with my cell number.  I also sent an email. 

You might want to spend a night at Cross Ranch State Park, which is where we are staying. It is about 15 miles from the Lewis & Clark Center but is a nice park and is the closest RV park to the center. If you do so, ask for us when you check in and I'm sure that they will let us know you are there.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

10 hours ago, sandsys said:

Sounds like there might be a good story behind that.

Linda

We work as a team always have. She drives, parks, backs  hooks and unhooks. She can do the complete set up and tear down if necessary. When backing into a site she is usually at the wheel doing the backing and I am spotting the back in. She is a way better backer that I am. When the back in is complete I will chock the wheels then lower the front jacks in preparation for unhooking she will come out of the  truck climb up in the truck bed and pull the hitch level to free the RV  She uses a small step ladder to reach over the truck bed..I will then raise the RV off the hitch and continue to level the 5th wheel and bring out the slides. We have done it countless times without incident.This time she slipped while reaching for the  hitch handle  and came off the truck landed on uneven ground causing a fracture of a bone in her leg. Just one of those things. It is not a serious fracture but a fracture just the same she should be off crutches next week.....We hope.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

6 hours ago, richfaa said:

Just one of those things. It is not a serious fracture but a fracture just the same she should be off crutches next week.....We hope.

Ah, just an every now and then simple accident. I hope she recovers well.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived