Extra Propane Tank Transport Safely

1 hour ago, Sehc said:

Those Eagle gasoline cans are among the best. Be careful using Dairy Crates. In many states it is a felony to misuse them or to even have them if marked with a Dairy Company name.

I guess the painted milk crate I use on the back of the scooter must fool a lot of LEOs looking to enforce that 'law' . 

But , maybe because I do use it to transport a gallon of milk once in a while , they let me slip by . ;)

Seriously , I've never heard that one before . 

Goes around , comes around .

7-11, Circle K, even Wal-Mart has them. Milk containers have been a consistent size for a long time, for a reason.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

Tell us where to find the real thing...................................

Pretty much any place that sells real milk . LOL

I found my last one outside a work shop about to be tossed in a dumpster . Grabbed it , cleaned it , painted it and bungeed it on my rack , where it's been for about 5 years.  :D

1 hour ago, SWharton said:

Are you saying they throw them out and they aren't reused??????

Sometimes that's exactly what happens .

Generally , someone snags them before they get dumped , like I did . They are very hand storage containers .

Last month I bought 2-6 gallon milk crates at Cal-Ranch in Yuma, AZ. They carry both 4 and 6 gallon crates. I also saw them at Sportsmen's Warehouse in Vegas. No they aren't quite as well built as the company crates, but work for us. Although I do miss the red "Bordon's Dairy Crates.  

There's a regional dairy company in upstate NY that sells their worn crates for $2 each. At least they still did the last time I stopped there a few years ago. Usually the only thing really "worn" on them was the company name and logo.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

28 minutes ago, Sehc said:

Here is a company that sells milk crates along with an explanation about laws concerning the crates. https://www.milkcratesdirect.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-us-milk-crate-law.html

I read the article you linked to, didn't see the list of many States which make it a felony.  Do you have a link for that?  I don't want to go to prison over a $4 milk carton I used.  Thanks.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

Our first year out we carried spare propane tans, extra diesel full,etc because Rv forums said we needed to. We did not need to. We carry those small green propane tanks that can be purchased most anywhere.

Helen and I are long timers ..08 F-350 Ford,LB,CC,6.4L,4X4, Dually,4:10 diff dragging around a 2013 Montana 3402 Big Sky

SKP 100137. North Ridgeville, Ohio in the summer, sort of and where ever it is warm in the winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember, when you carry propane tanks, even in your unit, the volume/weight of the propane may limit you from some tunnels, bridges, city roads, etc.  The higher the volume, the more restrictions.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2013 RAM SLT DRW, Cummins, ASIN

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

Archived