Right Size Tires

Becky604

I had purchase a 2004 Tioga 26Q from a dealer. They said they put new tires on it. My question is how good are the tires and are they the correct tires. If someone could please help me because I already know what there answer will be. The tires are LT 225/75 R16 115/1120 10PR                     Load E range Max load single 2115 Kg (2680lbs) Max load dual 1120 Kg (2470 lbs) at 500 kps                   Wild Trail             Commercial LIT                  DOT KA BK D25A  . The RV is GVWR 14,050         FRONT GAWR 4,600        REAR GAWR  9,450          BASE WEIGHT   9,840            GCWR  19050  WHEELBASE 176

Any help or comments would be appreciated . Thank you

49 minutes ago, Becky604 said:

...My question is how good are the tires and are they the correct tires....

Welcome to the Escapees Forum!!

The same plate in the driver's door that had the RV's GVWR should also list the recommended tire size and pressure. Based on the numbers you gave: FRONT GAWR 4,600, REAR GAWR  9,450 and the tire's specifications: Max load single 2680lbs Max load dual 2470 lbs; the tires on the front are rated for 5360# and those on the rear 9880#. So the tire:s ratings do exceed the RV;s Gross weight ratings. At maximum gross axle weight the fronts would be at about 91% of maximum and the rears about 85%. I am not sure what other options in tires may be available in compatible sizes.

Again, welcome to the Escapees forum!!!

The following comes from one of the dealers selling these tires on the internet.

Wild Trail Tires is a private brand imported to the United States and Canada by the largest wholesale distributor in North America. The line is made up of cheap Light Truck tires, Commercial Van tires, and tires for SUVs. The low cost is thanks to economies of scale in large modern factories in China, but never at the expense of product quality. All the performance attributes of the Wild Trail tires are specified by the importer, and correspond to the high quality standards of North American regulations, as well as the types of roads and even consumer product performance expectations.

I was unable to find any reviews or evaluations of these tires and Consumer Reports has nothing on them either. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived