reefer on light for 5ver

What would one need to do to have a green "reefer on" light on the 5ver, like the semi reefer trailers do on the front of the trailer? It would be comforting not to have to always worry about generator potentially going off or inverter tripping the GFI, and just look in the rearview and see the green light. 

Thanks,

Shannon

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

The easiest way would be to go strait out the wall by the fridge vent and install another clearance light, But looking at your rig you might need binoculars

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

5 hours ago, Devilishjim said:

The easiest way would be to go strait out the wall by the fridge vent and install another clearance light, But looking at your rig you might need binoculars

I can see the turn signal light mid-ship, so green light there would be fine. I'm thinking a plug in the middle of the refridgerator cord to the plug (t-fitting if you will) with a power to a green led out the side of the trailer. But it is 110 to LED that I need help with, and the "T" plug. Almost like the lighted end of an extension cord, just need to wire that out to the side of the trailer. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 8:14 PM, lockmup68 said:

I can see the turn signal light mid-ship, so green light there would be fine. I'm thinking a plug in the middle of the refridgerator cord to the plug (t-fitting if you will) with a power to a green led out the side of the trailer. But it is 110 to LED that I need help with, and the "T" plug. Almost like the lighted end of an extension cord, just need to wire that out to the side of the trailer. 

Well you could just hang the end of the extension cord out there or a lit up Santa Claus

Jim Spence

2000 Dodge 3500 1 ton QC 4x4 dually 5.9 diesel LB

BD exhaust brake, 6 spd manual trans

34CKTS Cedar Creek 5er, Trail-Air hitch

On 6/2/2018 at 3:14 PM, DesertMiner said:

I use this and can monitor the temps from the truck while underway.....

That's what I use. Well, the AcuRite model, but same difference. Not just to show that it's "on", but that both compartments are performing as expected.

Don't know why you couldn't use one of these if all you wanted was an "on" indicator. Comes in all colors.

So, how to drive the LED? Powering it off the inverter, or the 12 volt supply only proves power present, not functionality. I  think the thermometer is the better idea. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

51 minutes ago, Darryl&Rita said:

So, how to drive the LED? 

You could tap it anywhere in-line below the compressor to indicate an active cooling cycle or just into the outlet to indicate power present. Whichever your preference.

One thing that I like about the monitor is that it also gives an audible alarm at preset temps and I don't have to open the doors (loosing cooling) to do a "visual". An LED or simple temp gauge are only good if you look at em.  With an alarm I don't have to pay much attention. 😉

Archived