Wondering about Escapade?

Kirk W

On 5/29/2018 at 5:08 AM, Kirk Wood said:

If you have ever wondered about Escapade but not attended one, you might get just a taste of what it is all about by visiting the Facebook page....

Escapade 58, Sedalia MO

Kirk,

That appears to be a private group for attendees of Escapade.  I could not see any posts or information because I am not a member of the group.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Kirk, that's not going to help. It says you need to Login or Join.  Sometimes it's assumed that everyone uses Facebook and that's not the case.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

7 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

Sometimes it's assumed that everyone uses Facebook and that's not the case.

I'm not sure who assumes that but it is very true that this forum and most others like it are losing popularity while the so-called social media keeps growing. I reluctantly began visiting facebook to keep in touch with our kids and grandkids. I am still not a big fan of it but the younger generation seems to be so I just deal with it. I posted the link for those who choose to visit. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I would like to just thank everyone we met at Escapade. We were only able to attend on the free day Wednesday as we are only an hour away. In the short time we were there we felt like we were meeting old friends,sharing and learning about the lifestyle. 

We are looking forward to starting our full time travels later this month and meeting and attending future Escapees rally’s.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Wayne & Malinda 

I visited on the free day as well.  I find it hard to find any information about what was going on day to day.  I do not Facebook either so it hard to see any information.

Kristin & John

2022 Winnebago Travato 59K “Ruby”

2021 F350 CC SB 7.3 4:30 “Big Red” (Traded)

2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL “Tail-wagger”(Traded)

https://rv2travel.blogspot.com/

1 minute ago, JohnEM38 said:

I find it hard to find any information about what was going on day to day.

Did you check in with the hospitality desk? I think that they were giving out programs to the visitors, but since my job is security, I'm not sure about that.

11 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Did you check in with the hospitality desk? I think that they were giving out programs to the visitors, but since my job is security, I'm not sure about that.

We did Kirk. We went to the Market and the Hostpitality Building.  I was speaking about the social media posts to see what was happening each day.  There were very few posts about the Escapade that I could find.  Maybe I just didn’t know where to look.

Kristin & John

2022 Winnebago Travato 59K “Ruby”

2021 F350 CC SB 7.3 4:30 “Big Red” (Traded)

2018 Grand Design Reflection 26RL “Tail-wagger”(Traded)

https://rv2travel.blogspot.com/

3 hours ago, JohnEM38 said:

We did Kirk. We went to the Market and the Hostpitality Building.  I was speaking about the social media posts to see what was happening each day.  There were very few posts about the Escapade that I could find.  Maybe I just didn’t know where to look.

I always felt that real time communication was a weak link at Escapade. Unless we made a trip over to hospitality each morning we had no way to find out what changes had been made to that day's schedule. And since we didn't find the transportation system to be reliable we couldn't always get where we wanted to go in a timely manner either. But the things we did get to were wonderful!

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I really liked the app. Kept me more or less up to date and I didn't need to carry the paper schedule with me. My only info complaint is the color of the day. Should be highlighted each day as part of the days schedule.......................

2 hours ago, SWharton said:

My only info complaint is the color of the day. Should be highlighted each day as part of the days schedule.......................

I will pass that along to the Escapade staff. Melanie Carr is the one working with the app and since this is only the second year for it she is open to suggestions. 

I've not been able to find info on where/when the 59th Escapade will be held....???

Isn't it usually announced before or at the closing ceremonies?   

Linda, Larry, & the Hooligan Shelties

Hope to be FT in 2012 in 5th Wheel

LOL...We sure took the slow track!  Been enjoying retirement as volunteers with Frank Lloyd Wright in Oak Park & Kline Creek Farm living history farm in West Chicago.   But now its time to get this show on the road.   ETD: 1st quarter 2019!

There are no shortcuts to anywhere worth going.

While the dates are not yet set, the Escapade will be in Tucson, AZ for the odd years of 2021, 2023, and 2025 as well. We got a bunch of major improvements there with more to come over the next years by signing a longer-term contract. Even years are not yet decided as the directors are constantly looking for new places to hold an Escapade.

Archived