Got shoes shined today

lockmup68

Got shoes shined today.....If you are ever coming through Nashville, Finish Line Truck Wash at I40 and Hwy 96 on west side of Nashville does a good job. $20 each wheelk for cut and polish. The Dewalt was hummin. They do decent washes too. Had the truck and trailer done a few weeks ago after ECR.

Y3y3WOSl.jpg

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

That's Exit 182 Fairview Tn or Dickson Tn. That old Truckstop for years, had the best food for miles. Also north side of I-40 north of the Flying J. I have everything to do my own. But if it were not 2 hours from me. Would for sure pay there price,and save my body. LOL IF you did a color buffing. Those would be super nice then. 

event.png

Coloured compound? Different colour for different grits/finishes. Or maybe he's trying to give the rims a rosy hue.😂🤣

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2018 at 9:57 PM, Pete Kildow said:

Sorry for the delay. Color buff is after the Cut and buff. It turns good shine into paint finish. Then it looks like this.

https://www.iowa80.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Picture2.png

I'll ask about that next time. Those are nice. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

On 8/21/2018 at 12:11 PM, lockmup68 said:

I'll ask about that next time. Those are nice. 

Most truckers will just get there's cut. But the Owner Operators with nicer trucks. They will always get the Cut and Color.

Not sure how its going to hold up yet. But had a guy tell me, to wax mine after there finished. His was 7 months old, still looked great. So going to try it on mine,. Thinking about running the 2 hours up to Dickson. Just to get mine done. I have the stuff, but for what they charge. Not sure I want to fight it myself.

event.png

Be careful with what you use to clean those pretty wheels and tires.  I literally ruined the finish on one of my polished wheels with Purple Stuff Cleaner.  Had to go back and buff again.  Another issue I found is the rear wheels will hold water in the rim.  If you are parked and let water sit in the rim you will have a dark spot develop.  IMHO, $20 per wheel is a bargain for a shine like you showed.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived