Getting NY City Local Channels on EA

When I had my S&B house in NY City I had Dish service and local channels.  It was on the EA.  When I moved into my 5th wheel I installed a Winegard traveler on the roof.  It is on the WA.  I still receive the NYC local channels where ever I am able to see the WA, although in Standard Def.   

I then purchased a Winegard tripod mount 1000.2 antenna for the times the Traveler would not work.  I then purchased the dual LMB, 61.5 & 72.7 for the EA.  It works fine for the normal Dish channels but does not receive the local NYC channels.

Does any one know how I can receive all of the channels,  including NYC local.  Do I have to purchase a 1000.4 dish?  If I purchase a 1000.4 dish , will the WA LMB setup for 110, 119, 129, work?

Thanks

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

The HD locals on EA are on spotbeam 2, which stretches from around Washington DC to the south up to Ottawa to the north and an area about 100 miles wide.  If you are out of that spotbeam, you won't receive those channels.

The WA spotbeam 4 is somewhat larger and perhaps you are still in that area.  Also, it may be that when you're unable to see either of those spotbeams, you are allowed to view the SD signal on WA ConUS which would be nationwide.

Maybe this will help New York City locals

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

On 5/28/2018 at 11:21 AM, chirakawa said:

The HD locals on EA are on spotbeam 2, which stretches from around Washington DC to the south up to Ottawa to the north and an area about 100 miles wide.  If you are out of that spotbeam, you won't receive those channels.

The WA spotbeam 4 is somewhat larger and perhaps you are still in that area.  Also, it may be that when you're unable to see either of those spotbeams, you are allowed to view the SD signal on WA ConUS which would be nationwide.

Maybe this will help New York City locals

Thanks for the info.  Right now I am in South Hampton, NH, right on the NH MA boarder, which should fall into the spotbeam 2.  I am on the EA and cannot receive the NYC local channels.  Any suggestions?

Roy

2005 New Horizons 36ft 5th/upgrades-Generator, Disk Brakes, Solar Package, Inverter. and more
2008 Ford F450 crew cab DRW

K3ROY
http://www.roanontheroad.blogspot.com/

South Hampton, like all of NH, is in the spot beam 2 secondary reception area, not the primary area. Try peaking the dish for the maximum signal level on 61.5 transponder 22. That may bring in the NYC locals for you.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

28 minutes ago, Ronbo said:

this is one thing i like about directv. i have the east coast channels everywhere i go. 

Dish has DNS for the west coast locals now, but not the east yet. We still prefer getting the locals for the area we're in though. It's easy to switch with Dish...

Using the Dish western arc and a NYC DMA service address, the primary networks are available nation wide.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

Archived