Slide topper

21 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

I was curious to know if anyone has had slide toppers added to their trailer after it left the factory ? Do the RV dealers add toppers to the trailer or do you need to go back to the manufacturer to have that kind of work done ? Is there any special blocking that needs to be in the walls before they would add any topper ? 

Thank you for any kind of help,
Al

I would like to see the different brands in person but seem like a picture off the net is about all you get. Looking back I can't believe NH would even sell an RV without a slide topper. I don't think there is anything special needed to add a topper from the videos I have watched.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

4 minutes ago, Dan Johnson said:

I would like to see the different brands in person but seem like a picture off the net is about all you get. Looking back I can't believe NH would even sell an RV without a slide topper. I don't think there is anything special needed to add a topper from the videos I have watched.

Hi Dan,

When I was asking the question, it is not about NH. I was asking the question for a friend of mind. Thank you for your answer. It sounds like my friend should talk to the rv dealer. I was just doing a little leg work.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

We had slide toppers added at the dealership when we purchased our 5W. They didn’t have them from the manufacturer and we had them on our previous Class C so negotiated the toppers into the purchase. So yes, they can be installed after purchase.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

13 hours ago, Rover said:

We had slide toppers added at the dealership when we purchased our 5W. They didn’t have them from the manufacturer and we had them on our previous Class C so negotiated the toppers into the purchase. So yes, they can be installed after purchase.

Vicki

Hi Vicki,

Thank you. That is good to know. I was wondering what brand would be best ?

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I installed a Carefree replacement, same brand that came with the coach. Brackets were supposed to match screw holes of previous topper. Not so. Worst part of project was removing old pieces. A screw broke, and took over an hour at the top of a ladder drilling it out. New topper went on pretty easily. Definitely a two person job. Great when your kids grow up! Look into a model above the base model. Of course, more money. 

Jim  Corey

2006 Monaco Monarch 30 pdd

'12 Honda CRV toad

4 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Vicki,

Thank you. That is good to know. I was wondering what brand would be best ?

Al

We didn’t even ask what brand they installed. Assume it’s one of the major brands Camping World carries such as Carefree. They’ve worked fine for 3 years. 

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

Archived