Florida Residency Assistance

Bagock

Hi Everyone,

New to the forums and the site, which I'm so happy to have found!!

Here's my situation...  I'm a Canadian who wants to purchase, register, insure and store/use a travel trailer exclusively in Florida.  

I know I can use my Canadian license to register the trailer, but the proof of residency is where I have hit some concerns.  I really don't want to drive down to Florida, buy an RV and have issues trying to register it, so any tips, advice, re-assurances from other members (especially Canadians) would be greatly appreciated.

Has anyone solely used the copy of your "Escapees: Home agreement/welcome letter and Escapees RV Club "Letter of Acknowledgment" to register a vehicle in Sumter County?  Or have you had success with other documents that would be easily obtainable as a Canadian?

Thanks in advance for any insight.  

21 hours ago, Bagock said:
Has anyone solely used the copy of your "Escapees: Home agreement/welcome letter and Escapees RV Club "Letter of Acknowledgment" to register a vehicle in Sumter County?  

I'm not sure what the letters are you're talking about...something you received when you joined the Escapees RV Club?  Or did you sign up for the Escapees Florida mail service?

If the latter, then that would certainly give you the address you need to register your vehicles.  What else you might need as a Canadian, I don't know...hopefully, a fellow Canadian who has done what you want to do will comment.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Sorry, can't answer your question directly.

If I were you, I would contact the mail operation  and ask them to provide the name and location of the closest Motor Vehicle Department to  their Florida operation.  Presumably, this is the one that is most used to dealing with people claiming this address as their address.

Then call that Florida DMV and ask THEM about this.

Good Luck!

Regards

John

DON'T FEED THE VULTURES!

My Body is a Temple!  Ancient, Crumbling, Probably Cursed . . .

I Don't Like to Make Advanced Plans.  They Cause the Word "PREMEDITATED" to Get Thrown Around in Court!

MyMapS.jpg

You might start with the Canadian Snowbird association. They might be of help.  

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

Archived