Changing DISH service address using your MYDish account

So, you can't request certain locals?

Good point.  Most of the time when we travel, I start a chat session to change locals to a city that has the largest coverage, or a city which has coverage at the place we are going to be. 

For example when we go to Big Bend National Park, we get good coverage from the Odessa locals, so sending an address in Odessa, TX with a chat session may work best.  Or when we go to Oregon we want the Portland locals, since they cover from Vancouver, BC, Canada, to about 90-100 miles into northern CA, NW to almost Spokane, WA and west to close to the OR, ID border.

Al & Sharon
2006 Winnebago Journey 36G 
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

http://downtheroadaroundthebend.blogspot.com/

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picking a different address can be handy.  We are in the KOA is Dayton and would you believe, the two scraggly trees at the end of the site make it impossible to get the ground tripod to get 129.  And guess where the Dayton Locals are?  Both SD and HD are on 129.   

So I picked Decatur, IN, our next stop. We are well within the Fort Wayne spot beam.  We are not getting some of the HD stuff on 129 but we are getting Locals in HD.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

If you would read what I said, I can hit the WA with the dish.  The issue was Dayton OH. EA was not an option.

Unless you were talking about the 61.5 option for Fort Wayne.

Edited by Mark and Dale Bruss

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

11 hours ago, LindaH said:

So, you can't request certain locals?

When we head south for the winter, we change to the Tucson locals once we hit a certain area in Nevada (we can receive Tucson locals as far north as Pioche and as far west as Pahrump).  Going back north in the spring, we change to our home locals once we reach a certain area.  If the app gives you locals only from your current location based on the location from the phone, that would totally screw up our system. ;)

Of course, for us, it's a moot point since we are not fulltimers any longer and have a home account, not a Dish Outdoors account, so wouldn't be able to use the app, anyway.  However, I find using Chat to be quick and easy.

I suppose you could do a chat or phone call with a rep and give them an address in the local area you want to receive.  We are Lake Hartwell on the GA/SC border, on the SC side.  When we got here, we were still getting the Atlanta channels, so we were still within the spotbeam range for those.  But, we wanted to be able to get local weather forecasts, so we did the location change to get the local SC stations.

Mike and Retha Hopkins

2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G

22 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

If you would read what I said, I can hit the WA with the dish.  The issue was Dayton OH. EA was not an option.

Unless you were talking about the 61.5 option for Fort Wayne.

I meant that the Ft Wayne locals on 61.5 can be received anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

17 hours ago, chindog said:

I suppose you could do a chat or phone call with a rep and give them an address in the local area you want to receive.  We are Lake Hartwell on the GA/SC border, on the SC side.  When we got here, we were still getting the Atlanta channels, so we were still within the spotbeam range for those.  But, we wanted to be able to get local weather forecasts, so we did the location change to get the local SC stations.

Yes, if you're changing locals via chat or phone, you can give them any service address you want. You need to be within the spot beam for those locals to view them of course, unless it's one of the few DMA's with CONUS locals on one of the sats. For instance, when the hurricanes were causing all the problems in FL, GA, SC, etc., we changed our service address to St Marys, GA for the Jacksonville locals on the 77 sat while we were parked in upstate NY. That gave us much better first hand coverage than we could get from the NY locals. Using the phone app, you have no option to select which locals, which takes away the option to switch before you get there as well.

Dutch

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth....I got a phone call from one of Dish's mangers after complaining that I couldn't change the service address via the app.  He told me that all RV accounts can be changed to an "Dish Outdoors" account and the service address can be modified via the app.  Dish must verify that it is indeed a true RV account and once verified they will tag the account as a Dish Outdoors.  He said he would modify my account and I should be able to change service address myself within 24 to 48 hours.  I'll update once the change happens.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

Well I have been an RV Account for years and have been tagged as a Dish Outdoors Account.

I still cannot change my Service Address via the app because I don't own my equipment and am not on the Pay-As-You-Go plan.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

11 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Well I have been tagged as a Dish Outdoors Account.

I still cannot change my Service Address via the app because I don't own my equipment and am not on the Pay-As-You-Go plan.

Ditto.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

5 hours ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Well I have been an RV Account for years and have been tagged as a Dish Outdoors Account.

Sounds like the devil is in the details.  Must be on Pay-As-You-Go plan, no leased equipment, and flagged as Dish Outdoors Account.

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

1 minute ago, Al F said:

Sounds like the devil is in the details.  Must be on Pay-As-You-Go plan, no leased equipment, and flagged as Dish Outdoors Account.

Depends on who you ask.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I'm wondering if you have to have a Apple phone not a Android like I have. 

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

I have Apple phone and iPad, have an outdoor account, own my equipment and still can’t use the app. I’m not on pay as you go, but that’s not the reason they gave me. They said it’s because my equipment is a hopper 3 and that is marked as residential equipment and not usable in an RV so my account doesn’t qualify. Sounds like any excuse will do. I keep complaining in every survey about 2 to 3 times a week.

Vicki

Edited by Rover
Add info

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I have the right account and equipment and I was told today that the Dish app I have will not work so I'm thinking it's IPhone only.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

4 hours ago, chirakawa said:

Depends on who you ask.

Ah, yes.  It does depend on who you ask.

However the devil is still in the details!  And the answer is not likely to be found on this forum.

Someone would have to correlate all the variables.  Such as Hopper/No Hopper; you own the equipment or not; outdoor account; owning the equipment and maybe other things I don't remember. 

Some of the replies stating they are able to use the app, don't always include every possible specific.  Possibly 2 or 3 but not always every possible one.  Others that say they are not able to use the app don't always include every detail about their equipment and contract.

Then there is the other variable:  Someone with the dedicated interest to contact every person replying to document every detail they can come up with. 

Then you add in the Dish Network programming of their computers.  Did some of the requirements that are SUPPOSED to be checked or restricted by the computer program somehow slip through the cracks.  So some people get to use the app that should not be able to, then the opposite could be true. 

NOTE:  This is not directly a computer problem.  HUMANS program computers to do something.  Many or most problems come back to a human didn't anticipate what the computer programing would do with unusual circumstances. 

The solution is for any company to have a dedicated group to look at every anomaly and to find the root failure and correct it.  

However that costs $$$, sometimes $$$$$.   

Al & Sharon
2020 Chevy Colorado Toad
San Antonio, TX

I own my equipment, 2 Hopper 2's and 1 Joey, my account is listed as an Outdoor account, and I'm on Pay-As-You-Go billing. And the Android app does work on our "Nougat" OS version phone for locals changes, but not on the other because the "Kit Kat" version is too old.

Dutch

On 7/20/2018 at 7:17 AM, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Update:  The DISH rep told me that yes, in order to be able to change your own locals, you must have RV equipment, not have a residential account, be on a pay as you go plan, and be tagged as a DISH Outdoor account.  I meet all the above and he added the ability to change my own locals on the app.  I tried it this morning:  the app automatically senses your location via the phone and verifies you want to change the local channels.  You accept and input a location code from the receiver and within 5 minutes I had the new locals.  A lot less frustrating than calling in....just my thoughts.

Jim and Kellie

2017 DRV 38RSSA Mobile Suite

2016 Western Star 5700xe

YouTube Channel

tZlofkCl.jpg   

1 hour ago, ewacowboy said:

Update:  The DISH rep told me that yes, in order to be able to change your own locals, you must have RV equipment, not have a residential account, be on a pay as you go plan, and be tagged as a DISH Outdoor account.  I meet all the above and he added the ability to change my own locals on the app.  I tried it this morning:  the app automatically senses your location via the phone and verifies you want to change the local channels.  You accept and input a location code from the receiver and within 5 minutes I had the new locals.  A lot less frustrating than calling in....just my thoughts.

Did the rep tell you what "RV equipment" was? I have two Hopper2's and a Joey on my account, all purchased, and a pay as you go account flagged as "Outdoor". The app works fine for changing locals when I choose to use it. Sometimes I prefer different locals than the ones the app wants me to use though, so then I use the chat system.

Dutch

5 hours ago, ewacowboy said:

I have everything but the Outdoor Account, mine is labeled RV Account and I can't get them to change it.

Denny 

Edited by D&J

Denny & Jami SKP#90175

Yes this option is only for people who are part-time users, Pay-As-You-Go.

Us full-time subscribers should not expect and special treatment.

Mark & Dale
www.dmbruss.com

28 minutes ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

Yes this option is only for people who are part-time users, Pay-As-You-Go.

Us full-time subscribers should not expect and special treatment.

We are pay as you go and have been for years, when I bring up my profile it say RV Account and I'm trying to get it to say Outdoor Account to see if that will work.

Denny & Jami SKP#90175