System Error on Windows 10 Mail

LindaH

Today all of my GMail accounts on Windows 10 Mail say "System Error" and "Can't get mail"  (Windows 10 laptop -- my phone and tablet have no problems with getting emails).

I tried doing a Restart on the computer, but that did no good.  I then went into the app's settings and clicked on the Reset button with the same results; i.e., it didn't fix the problem.  I've done a Google search for the problem without results.

How do I get my email working again on Windows 10 Mail?!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Did Google pop up and say you might have a data breach and would you like to secure your account?  I had that happen and it turned on a setting deep in GMail that turned off access to "less secure applications".  This is probably not the problem, but it sounds similar.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

Bill, not that I recall.

However, I did get the problem solved with help from Microsoft.  They took control of my computer remotely and she worked for probably 2 or 3 hours.  I have no idea what she did -- someone more computer savvy than me might have been able to tell from what was happening on the screen -- but I think she may have reinstalled Windows 10?  At any rate, although all my information is still on the computer, I've had to log in to sites, like this one, where I stay logged in.  I also lost all my saved emails (not a really big deal, but...) and I've lost historical information on some of my games (again, not a big deal).  Internet Explorer disappeared as a pinned item in the task bar, so I had to do that and my touchpad, which I had disabled, is back on, so I'm going to have to go figure out how to turn it off again.  Fortunately, all my Favorites on Internet Explorer are still there (I think it's saved in the cloud?) which is a big relief because I though I was going to have to recreate them.

But my email is working again!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Archived