Mini spits vs thousands in ac

GlennWest

17 hours ago, Padraic said:

Is there any DIY advice or link on the dash AC and/or sleeper.

Yes, Volvo provides a great manual.  Download it from the HHRV Resource Guide: http://www.hhrvresource.com/VolvoDocs/87-99/PV776-TSP144796.pdf

My dash AC needed charging once a year until the spring of this year.  I simply could not get enough refrigerant to stay in it.  If I were going to work on one this is what I would do.  NOTE: I am not a trained AC repair guy.  I did a lot of reading and started with this for a system with a lot of leaks.

First, download this pdf file and read it top to bottom.  Long and boring but it is complete with refrigeration theory, troubleshooting and how to disassemble and reassemble.  On page 17 is a diagram of the heating and cooling system.  It is important to know where all the parts are.

The pdf is a good starting point.  If you have a lot of leaks like I did, I posted an earlier topic on finding o-rings. 

Volvo parts counter sold me a kit that was fairly useless.  To get the right ones, you need to take a picture of pg 17 and show the dealer where the o-rings are that you need.  Might cost more but you don't want to have leaks when it is done.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Honda generators - youse guys can buy a remote tank kit to connect a portable tank like an outboard boat engine uses. Or probably a frame mounted aluminum tank for “ extended range” 😎

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived