Worn out rubber bushing and brake service

Padraic

Hi guy,

I like to replace the rear shocks and the connecting rod between the frame and the axle. The rubber bushing was worn out as the linked picture.

Besides the dealer, where would you get those parts? Any part number you may have?  My rear end is all factory standard with the original airbag suspension. I supposed I would get the same OEM shock even my trailer pin weight is around 3000 pounds since the airbag is OEM.

How about the front steer brake shoe and drum. What is the best place to get a set of the this?  Is there a disc version that can be used without modification.

Any advice on these repair services will be appreciated. This is a first on this truck. Thanks.

Picture link

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels

The dogbone bushings can be pressed out and new ones pressed in.  Not familiar with where you live but some place like fleet pride or an independent truck supplier that supplies the little mom and pop truck repair shops around the area can do that and the little guys can change your brakes, your drums...just about anything...slack adjusters, air bags, clutch adjustments and clutches if need be as well as oil changes, a/c service and they do it for far less than what a dealership will charge.  As for moding front steer brakes to disc....not so sure there is a one size fits all solution...you would have to ask m&p shops what there capability is.

Chief, you are in North Carolina? Is there an M&P shop you recommend. I am in VA, not too far.

Thank for the tip dogbone bushing can be press out and replace, will take to the local shop when I have a chance.  

Volvo VNL610 M11+ 98 10 speed
Mountain Aire 40' 5th 2002
Outback Power, 1200 watts Sanyo panels

You might also check with Advantage Truck parts for a replacement torsion link.  By the time you buy new bushings and pay someone to press them in, you might be hard pressed to beat their price on one that is ready to bolt in.

Advantage Truck Parts

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

I believe Advantage Truck Parts is in North Carolina, I ordered a part from them shipped to Florida.  Had it in two days.

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

On 5/20/2018 at 1:29 PM, Padraic said:

Chief, you are in North Carolina? Is there an M&P shop you recommend. I am in VA, not too far.

Thank for the tip dogbone bushing can be press out and replace, will take to the local shop when I have a chance.  

Suggest you look around for a bunch of dump trucks doing hiway paving and the like and ask them who does their service.  It's big money down here in eastern NC.  They're out there...just gotta look and they can give you where their m&p is.  Also if you find a Fleet Pride or Transource parts store they might know of someone in your area.  Wouldn't have Transource do any work for me but only as a last resort....they charge....let's just say that they're proud of they're work.  Also if you see pig and cattle haulers...ask them as well.  They usually have a local m&p to do their servicing as well. Best of luck.

Archived