Stay off Hyw 95........

Dollytrolley

Teach and others,,,,,,,,,,,

Best stay off hwy 95 Between Vegas and the N. Pole..........BOTH Dollytrolleys , Ole GMC P U and Dolly-horse and Dollymomma and, and,......and, 28 tires on the ground  AND TEN Spare tires (Long story....)

Our camp and Last Chance Peak is Secure (only TWO rattlesnakes this week but more will move in after we leave).........

Send us plenty of $$$$$ because with this much "stuff" in motion some parts are bound to rattle off ........

Oh ya.......for the folks that brag about size .....our length is today ........,.,1 4 1  F E E T ..Total.......

Drive on........(Whats the chance of a flat tire with only .......28 tires?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

“Oh ya.......for the folks that brag about size .....our length is today ........,.,1 4 1  F E E T ..Total

That sounds more like a train than a trolley.  +++                                                                Peace,     John & Rodeane

(the +++ symbols allow us to end on a positive note.)

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

On 5/16/2018 at 8:53 AM, noteven said:

Copper Top Barbecue 

Oh ya.....too good for words....oh ya.

3 hours ago, Jemstone said:

“Oh ya.......for the folks that brag about size .....our length is today ........,.,1 4 1  F E E T ..Total

That sounds more like a train than a trolley.  +++                                                                Peace,     John & Rodeane

(the +++ symbols allow us to end on a positive note.)

Well folks the gusting crosswind was enough for the Dollymamma to declare a overnight stay at the rodeo grounds at Hawthorne since hey 95 was closed at Walker due to a 53ft empty dry van that blew over........

Yesterday we pulled in to Burns and Dollymamma declared 400 miles was enough so we unloaded Dolly at the fairgrounds and when I went to to reposition the Dollytrolley v1.0 it had ZERO air at start up and took about to grudgingly make up to 85 psi max....bad juju.....crawled under the Shaker and  the leak was bad enough  to blow my hat off from the bottom of the RoadRager splitter valve .so having only FOUR rigs I hopped into the GMC and beat it down to NAPA......they had no shuttle valve but said drive over to the Mike Allison's truck shop so.....got to the shop as the last mechanic was about to pull out on the highway I flaged him down....he called Mike who was at the park at the ball game and drove back to the shop in four minutes we went up in the attic parts room and way back in the huge room was a self with Three NEW splitter valves so $65.67 later (no call out charge) I had a new valve....  So the hard part getting my fat belly under the low-rider no-air-truck but Dollymamma offered to put a rope around my neck and pull me under the truck.....so 15 minutes later tho old valve was off and new valve installed and now have 130 psi air and Dolly is grazing on tall green grass and life is good (after hot shower in Dollytrolley v 2.05 DP)......$0 "only" 132 miles to go.....how. Many parts will we need to get to Bend.....

So gee I wonder at 5:50 on a Thursday evening in Hines Ore how easy is it to get a $65.67 new splitter valve for your 450 Powerstroke with 1.1 million miles on the clock.....

Dollymamma says make a note....change splitter valve every 1,00,000 miles........Yes dear.....

Drive on......(too big belly.....too low truck)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Landed all FIVE wheeled rigs and 28 tires and TWENTY cylinders firing and only one sage rat scared back into the ditch...   

Only damage.....one rock chip on the DP one-acre-size-passenger-windshield......uggg.

Dolly is in tall green grass and all is well......now change 18 gallons of oil and 5 filters.......

Drive on........(Hwy 95 open again... )

2 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

I will let NHP know to take down the barricades at Mercury....

Thanks John,

Good trip except funny thing happened ......darn crosswind with some 60 mph gusts.......imagine wind in Nevada......imagine......

Drive on.........(95......semi safe again)

On 5/21/2018 at 9:55 PM, Dollytrolley said:

Thanks John,

Good trip except funny thing happened ......darn crosswind with some 60 mph gusts.......imagine wind in Nevada......imagine......

Drive on.........(95......semi safe again)

As they say in Vegas, “What are the odds?”

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

On 5/22/2018 at 10:34 PM, VegasFlyer said:

As they say in Vegas, “What are the odds?”

Ya John it seems that ole 95 has quite a few tire tracks in the ditch where folks got "blown away" and of course once in a while you see a empty dry van laying on it's side.

Dollymamma was herding the DP Trolley v2.05 towing the 4 horse stock trailer and for the most part it was like driving a bus in a crosswind but it was the sharp gusts that making driving not so much fun. I had the easy duty in the Freightshaker tandem Trolley  and even with the 20 foot cargo box with a the Zuki-Ssmmy in the back half and way too many tools it was rock solid. The ole GMC PU has a tall commercial shell in the back and it gets a bit of a push at time in a crosswind so we were a caravan with one rock steady rig in the middle with the front and tail rigs wondering a bit.

By the time we got to Hawthorne it was time to take a break at the truck stop on the N. bypass loop and it was chocked full of trucks waiting for the highway to reopen where a dry van blew over just North at Walker Lake......so.......Dollymama made a "Trail-Boss-Cowgirl-enough-is-enough-announcement" .......we will drive slowly the last Half mile to the rodeo grounds and let Dolly-the-painthorse gallop around the arena and enjoy the wind like wild horses like to do........

Wind was a steady 35 mph with regular 50 gusts so it was simply delightful place to camp for the night........while Dolly was out in the arena Dollymama started placing the big HEAVY rubber 20 gallon feed tub out in the stall but she had to put a big rock in the tub to keep the wind from tipping it over......obviously the hay would blow out  of the tub so...........the solution.....so simple.........drive Freightshaker and toyhauler around the arena and thread between the North fence and the stall fences (9.5 feet) and park six inches from Dolly's stall on the North side and then pull the motor home six inches from the Dolly-stall on the South side and bingo Dolly and her hay is in a nice wind shadow as calm as can be.......I just wonder why so FEW folks don't RV with THREE tow rigs and TWO trailers at the same time it's so darn handy .......until it is not handy.....

So ya like you said John .....whats the odds......that way TOO many rigs would come in ,,,,,handy.....

Drive on..........(wind......wind.......more wind ........must be Highway 95)

3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

Thank goodness you guys weren't on US 95 last Sunday afternoon in the Armagosa Valley area. An unfortunate horrific accident took five lives.

We turn onto Highway 96 right where this accident occurred and people drive like they are on fire and it looks like this is obviously the case here........very grim.....

From Vegas to Fallon I can ALWAYS have to brake hard to allow someone that does not know how to pass NOT head on wreck........it can be a hellish highway.

I spend a LOT of time looking in my mirrors because often you can see the moron from a long way off on Highway 95  so I classify then as soon as the appear in the mirror..........

1)  "VIPER".......this guy has a sports car and he simply can NOT drive behind ANYTHING (including a Nevada State Patrol car).......so last week a few miles North of the Shady Lady B & B here appears a YELLOY VIPER at about Mach 3.2 and about a mile ahead come a Pete with a pilot car headed South with a HUGE CAT 15 FOOT Mine truck on a lowboy hooking along at about 60 mph..........my razor sharp mind calculated VERY BAD JUJU..........and sure enough the Yellow Viper speeds up to Mach 4.6 and I lay on full Jake and  about 55 psi service brake to start leaving a slight threshold set of Toyo stripes and the pilot car moved over to thye gravel and the Viper just pulled in front of me so close I could not see his license plate and the HUGE tire of the mine truck rocked the Viper as he blew past......I dialed 911 and reported the jerk and so did the pilot car and you know what about 12 miles up 95 low and behold there sits a yellow Viper and the cuffed moron was being "helped" into the back seat ..........I tooted the ole train horn and flashed the winkie-lights.......

I'll glady wonder back to wherever to sit in court to make sure the judge wacks the moron........

Thats the problem with Highway 95.........folks have a LOT of good passing road but simply cant drive for crap.

2) OLD U-HAUL.......so just past Armagosa Valley I am on cruse control 66 MPH with the toy hauler in tow and here comes a OLD former U-Haul truck gasser towing a 24 ft enclosed car trailer.............he crawls up behind the toyhauler on a down hill dip and then falls back as we climb up the upside of the dip so he obviously has very little reserve power........we come out on some level ground and have about a mile and half of open road before a red Volvo towing a big propane trailer arrives in the opposing lane, the U-haul pulls out and S L O W L Y pulls up about even with the side door on the toyhauler and then seems unable to gain anymore speed and a very slight grade simply kills his passing speed so then the Volvo flashes his lights and I say to hell with this and drop the hammer just as the U-haul hits the brakes and the car trailer starts swerving hard but in no time I have sprinted up to 80 and the U-haul weaves and wiggles back into his lane as the Volvo propane rig waved and shook his head as he drove by me...........

Highway 95 should be the best road in the US to pass on but it seems to have a lot of folks that are just horrible drivers......

Drive on............(Watch your mirror on Highway 95......)

Archived