Sorry, iPhone Users: Integrated Windows 10 Texting is Android Only

RV_

This news, is for all Windows users but not Windows users with iPhones, so the author approached this new feature for Windows to Android as it had to be.

iPhone users with Macs already can do this with their computers to their iPhones, so it is only new for Windows computer users with Android phones.

Microsoft would need Apple's help to extend it to iPhone, and since that goes against the tightly integrated premise of Apple, it may not happen. In my opinion this will be a great feature for me and all other Windows users who use Android phones. Since we now own two working Windows phones that are not supported, Lumia 735s from Microsoft, this feature moves me closer to integrating our Moto Z Play Android phones with Windows, like we had with the Microsoft phones. We already are using the SquareHome 2 Android App to make our Android home screen and apps page look and feel exactly like the Windows phone tiles that we loved Square home

Note: We keep the Windows phones because they are already set up for each of our numbers on Verizon and they are worth nothing to sell used so we keep them in case our current Android phone break, die, or other wise create a problem. We have already tried and all it takes is a call to Verizon customer service to switch to the Windows phone and turn off the Moto Z that ceased to work.

Excerpt:

"Windows 10 will support sending text messages from your PC, but it seems like it will only work with Android.

Future versions of Windows will include an app called Your Phone, which aims to bring phone features like photos, notifications, and text messaging to the PC. It’s kind of like Pushbullet, but integrated with Windows itself.

Your Phone app works with both Android and iPhone, but one feature only works with Android right now: sending and receiving SMS messages. Here’s Microsoft’s Shilpa Ranganathan, talking to Tom Warren for The Verge:"

For the rest of the article with hot links and more go here: How to article

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

11 minutes ago, RV_ said:

iPhone users with Macs already can do this with their computers to their iPhones, so it is only new for Windows computer users with Android phones.

Microsoft would need Apple's help to extend it to iPhone, and since that goes against the tightly integrated premise of Apple, it may not happen. In my opinion this will be a great feature for me and all other Windows users who use Android phones.

You want iPhone features?  Buy an iPhone (with a Mac of course).

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Already tried an iPhone. Android much better. Windows so dfar ahead of Macsit is ridiculous. My 27 inch touchscreen Dell with TV tuner SSD and HD, i7, 8GB, more than 2TB of storage with SSD and HD installed at factory, Quad HD, and the stand allows it to go almost flat for games, drawing, and using the onscreen keyboard. In addition Windows versions are supported for ten years and we do not have to buy new hardware but maybe every ten years or so. And my tablets run Window snot a scaled down cell phone OS like iOS on their phones and iPads. Window s10 on my tablets with touch screens that work just like our AIO home desktop systems. MY main tablet has an i7, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD internal, and has a 200GB plus micros SD card slot to bring even more storage to it.

NO thanks, I do not prefer a limited tablet that can't run the same OS. iPads can't runn fiull OSX or the OSX programs like my Windows tablets and computers do. And the touch screen on my 27" main computer comes in very handy with pics and design software.

I like my tablets computers running full desktop OS', and my phones equipped with good internal storage but also 200 plus GB capacity micro SD card slots. I also load my music in directly and do not have to get iTunes, bloatware on a Windows system, to load music. I can just click import on Windows Photos and it imports my Android pics automatically that I selected on my phone to export wirelessly with Bluetooth. One click not [pairing and time wasting. It is a beta that works perfectly on my systems. I have no desire to run OSX or Linux dual boot on my systems. If I want to run Linux I can use a live CD or DVD, and I do have the Linux MInt/18.2 Cinnamon live DVDs/install DVDs from OSDisc.com for that. I thought it was a good idea but wzas a waste of ten bucks, only because I don't use them. I had to dig just now into my CD/DVD albums that hold all my discs. It is really a nice UI for Linux if one wants Linux. I can use it but why?

Linux needs patches too:

SUSE Patch mechanisms.

OH did they not write perfect code for it?

C'mon folks, any experienced computer user has tried all three, and may like one or more or not.

If you have a related helpful post to add here please do. If you are trolling me or Windows users, defines as posting a non topic snarky comment then perhaps you don't understand our community here. I'm not angry, just would like you to post any good stuff your own OS users need. If you don't and I see it and it may help an Apple user or a Linux user I will post it and it is likely I will get a knee jerk response defending their OS choice from  . . . what? A heads up for users?

It's funny. When I post about their OS they act like they must defend it, and it is rude to post alerts for their OS. Oh well, some folks do appreciate it. When I post a new feature for my choice, Windows, they come on with fables of how bad Windows is and how perfect (None are) theirs is. <grin>

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Well said. I am tired of all the comments about my os of choice. I use what I use for my own reasons. I have the phone I use because it is what I want. When people make the comments about my choices, it only diminishes their standing of knowledge for their choice.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

2 hours ago, Ronbo said:

Well said. I am tired of all the comments about my os of choice. I use what I use for my own reasons. I have the phone I use because it is what I want. When people make the comments about my choices, it only diminishes their standing of knowledge for their choice.

x2

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Ronbo and Zulu. This is an article that essentially says to Windows users that this texting from Windows, which is a new feature for Windows, and is intended to avoid the confusion for folks that have Windows computers but Apple phones.

No one here is attacking your choice of OS. I will continue to post when Windows has issues, when Linux has issues, and when Apple systems have issues with the intent of helping my fellow members. The only folks with issues are folks who object to a tech posting new vulnerabilities for their OS as if I am posting to be snarky. Y'all do not any help if you are one who trolls Windows posts to  OS' and for my choice Windows, new features and limitations as well as vulnerabilities.

I need to check something. I guess I need to use quote all the time now.

RV/Derek
Retired AF 1971-1998

Archived