Vanleigh Fifth wheels

zugzub

Does anyone here have one, Or has anyone laid eyes on or got to check one out yet? 

Thoughts? likes, dislike.

Wife an I have been looking at them. Probably won't buy until fall 2019. Hopefully, by then there are more used ones on the market. 

They are owned by Tiffin. So I kind of expect them to be pretty decent. Problem is the nearest dealer is 3.5 hours away

https://vanleighrv.com/

We saw a few at a dealer in North Carolina a few weeks ago, we were doing more just general looking so did not look at them real close and liked what we saw. We did like a few of the floor plans especially the front bath models.

They appear to have only been making the 5th wheels for a few years and we would like to hear from some one that has owned one also.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

We too were intrigued when we saw one in a campground. We never got to see the inside as the owners seemed to be coming and going all the time and we never could connect. It was a Vilano 369FB model. I looked up that plan and there was a lot to like and some not to like in the plan and the CCC was less than our current fiver. That would not keep me from want to go see them in person, however. The outside of the unit we saw looked as nice as any higher end motorhome as well it should. I would say the company is not just owned by Tiffan but is in actuality Tiffan as the owners are listed as Leigh, Van, and Bob Tiffin (you can see where Vanleigh came from).

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

The company only began production in 2015 so there really aren't a lot of used units out there and that fact seems to indicate that they have stuck to the quality standards of the Tiffin line of motorhomes. A high number of used RVs available in this short period would seem to me to indicate dissatisfaction by the buyers. It would appear to be mostly operated by the third generation of the Tiffin family with Bob's grandson as general manager. I looked at the NADA listing for the used 2015 models and it shows a current value of 66% of the original suggested list price. That also seems to indicate a pretty high-value retention since most units sell for about 80% of suggested list. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

1 hour ago, Kirk Wood said:

Welcome to the Escapee forums! 

The company only began production in 2015 so there really aren't a lot of used units out there and that fact seems to indicate that they have stuck to the quality standards of the Tiffin line of motorhomes.

That was my thought on it. 

4 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Plant in Mississippi. I would take plant tour. I watched video and only mentioned "get chassis in". So seems someone else builds chassis. Nice looking though. 

The plants 12 hours away. Sadly I will be halfway there in two weeks but won't have an opportunity to go until either late fall or next spring

A lot of people I have talked to plus I did see them at the Hershey show the last 2 years kind of compared them to the Grand Design. The inside did have a more modern look to it and I did see a few things that I liked but not enough to consider buying one, They have come out with the Beacon which looks to be a step up in their line up.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

We’ve been looking at VanLeighs for the last year, along with GD Solitudes and Montana Legacy units.  Took plant tours over the winter and made decision to order a Vilano two weeks ago.  Cabinetry is the biggest differentiation in our mind, the VL stands far above the othe two here.  There are other plus and minus on each but obviously we came down decidedly in favor of VL.  There are many option, advertised and not advertised, that can fix low CC etc. 

There is a VL FB page that is very active if you want to follow up more with owners.  We’ve met Leigh Tiffin a couple of times (at Tampa Show, and factory tour), he and the entire company seem VERY responsive.  

We can’t wait to get our new 5er!

Ron and Pat, and 2 Portuguese Water Dogs

2013 Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax w/SuperGlide

2005 NuWa HitchHiker DA 31.5 LK w/MorRyde IS

1 hour ago, missourijan said:

the company was started by a Tiffin

Bob Tiffin & his father started Tiffin Motorhomes in 1972. The Vanleigh company was founded by Bob Tiffin, his son Van Tiffin, and grandson Leigh Tiffin, all listed as co-owners. There are two other sons listed as part of the Tiffin company. Is there any affiliation, certainly there is via blood but no legal connection is documented. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have looked at Vanleigh and are pretty satisfied with them overall. While it is a separate company from Tiffin Motorhomes it still draws strongly from them. Most of their purchasing is done with the motorhome division in order to get better pricing for example. There are many, many things about the Vanleigh 5th wheel which come from the motorhome division, but yes your are right they are legally 2 seperate companies.

Depending on budget either the Vilano or the Beacon would be a good choice.

I had taken Luxe off my short list when they were sold to the RV Factory but it seems now they may be getting their act together.

Then there is New Horizons one of the best 5th wheels ever built. While the Summit line is way at the top of most folks budget in my opinion they can't be beat for quality and service.

2013 Newmar Dutchstar 4318

2019 F150 KR 4X4 

BlueOx 10K Tow Bar

• 5 months later...

Not sure if the original poster is still interested but this year the Vilano came out with a 35' model. The cargo capacity is listed as 3600.  That was a big reason I avoided the brand in the past.  This same floor plan, 320GK, is being built by Montana, Cedar Creek and Grand Design.  Vanleigh is gaining a good reputation for service after the sale through factory support.  I'd have to think that is extremely important and can set a company apart from the rest.  

We are buying a 320GK off the lot or ordering it most likely in the spring.

Mark from Missouri

Our Future in an RV

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

2019 Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

• 2 weeks later...

We are in the process of buying a Beacon 39 GBB .  What a fine product Van Leigh has.  Yes it is just as nice and luxurious as a Tiffin, we think.  We are upgrading from an 30' Airstream. Their commitment to quality is fantastic.  We had the 2nd awning missing and was brought to the dealers attention.  It was ordered and VL sent their Mobile tech to install it at the dealership. While he was there, he notices a slight blemish in the paint and he said he didn't like it and repaired it while he was there. The quality is surely there and time will tell once we get it delivered and moved into for a while.

Sid,

Was good to see Vanleigh introduce the Beacon, an upgrade from the Vilano. Good for Vanleigh to be offering major options in the Vilano, many of which are not advertised such as 8,000 axles, disc brakes and more.  I'm sure all companies get the comments when someone looks at a specific trailer and says "I wish they would add XYX".  If someone is going to option out a Vilano they best just go to the Beacon.

I joined their Facebook group and repeatedly hear that when folks go back to the factory they can get special touches added such as shelving in cabinetry. Or  if there were a few options that did not come with a trailer they bought off the lot, no big deal. The factory will install them.  I'm in the middle of writing a series of blog posts on the Vilano so they are fresh on my mind.

Congrads on the excellent trailer choice with the Beacon. 

Mark from Missouri

Our Future in an RV

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually LB 6.7L HO Diesel Aisin Transmission 4x4 3.73 Gears

2019 Vanleigh Vilano 320GK 35’ fifth wheel 16,000-pound GVWR

Archived