Rust Rust Rust and more Rust

Vegas Teacher

I only remember take out 3 or 4 screws on  the lower left panel. I think I did the rest from there. I was hitching up the jackalopee at the same time and the whole thing only took a couple of hours, wires to the back and all. Much easier than installing the double din radio in my Silverado. I glued magnets to the Jackalopee and stuck it to the def tank I can pull it out and set it on the step so I can see the lights from the seat for testing.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, Cory, this is not a big job. DT and VF are grossly exaggerating the work involved.  :)

Just get it done. You can do it.  You need to go to that Rally - it will pay dividends that you cannot imagine at the moment.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

That other thread kinda ran its' course. So now I find the "Lets all pile on Cory" thread...oh boy.

Come on Cory, I'm having doubts but if you really are a teacher you should know the value of continuing education. Tell the family you are running to the store...(for a week)... and go to the rally. You will have fun, and the rest of the people there will have someone new to mess with. Plus you will get some cool things accomplished on your truck. What's the down side? The family will forgive you.....eventually. Bring 'em a six pack of Dr. Pepper. That'll help their attitude.....maybe.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

32 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

Phil, what are you doing in this thread? Don't you have some lug nuts and log books to check?

😄

Well, I just felt like hanging out with Cory a little. I'm hoping he can explain some definitions to me...well if he really is a teacher. Besides, what do I know about lug nuts and log books?

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

12 hours ago, Big5er said:

Well, I just felt like hanging out with Cory a little. I'm hoping he can explain some definitions to me...well if he really is a teacher. Besides, what do I know about lug nuts and log books?

Those lug nuts, there job is to hold the short between the seat and steering wheel in place? Log Books if your not hauling logs. You don't need no stinking log books..

But best ? is where does that yellow wire go? Red stop, Green go, but Yellow I fear gets me hit OOOHHH Dear...

event.png

Archived