New Campground for HDT’s OHV’s and Boats

VegasFlyer

We just submitted a Campground that several folks on here will enjoy.  The park is Prate Cove Resort, just outside Needles, CA.  The park has a lot of unique features, which a lot of folks look for in a campground, such as a marina, hundreds of miles of OHV trails, a restaurant/bar, a general store and tons of LARGE sites that are very accessible to very large HDT’s.  Most of the sites are situated in culdesac layouts along the Colorado River, with a lot of the sites having beachfront within a stone throw of your door.

With the growing number of folks on here posting about OHV’s. This would be a great spot for a group get together.

PIRATE COVE RESORT

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

We had submitted a site in Idaho, Rexburg, Idaho, last year.  That is probably the best site on the west coast for sand dunes.

We will be submitting some other locations for OHV’s.  A lot will be dry camping locations, though we also have some other favorite places that do have full hookups

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

We drove through Pirate Cove once and quickly decided it wasn't for us. I understand everyone has different wants and tastes. This is truly a party park with the noise of parties, boats and OHVs. For RVs you will be parking on sand.... and the wind definitely blows there.  Going off-season and mid-week might be better but we were there on a weekend and WOW.  .... just another opinion.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

I’ve been to Pirates Cove several times, but always in a boat.  One of these days I will try it in the RV.  The sign on the way into the marina from the river says there are 2600 miles of OHV trails around the area.  I’m ready to explore as many of them as I can.  There are thousands of miles of trails on the other side of the river in and around Havasu in AZ as well.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

32 minutes ago, Chad Heiser said:

I’ve been to Pirates Cove several times, but always in a boat.  One of these days I will try it in the RV.  The sign on the way into the marina from the river says there are 2600 miles of OHV trails around the area.  I’m ready to explore as many of them as I can.  There are thousands of miles of trails on the other side of the river in and around Havasu in AZ as well.

We went there for the factory demo rides for the Can-am Maverick X3.  The trails were great and the campsites looked like a great spot to bring an HDT.  In fact, when we were there, we saw several large Toyhaulers camping at several of the sites.

We did not see the vibe that 2Gypsies described.

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

10 hours ago, 2gypsies said:

We drove through Pirate Cove once and quickly decided it wasn't for us. I understand everyone has different wants and tastes. This is truly a party park with the noise of parties, boats and OHVs. For RVs you will be parking on sand.... and the wind definitely blows there.  Going off-season and mid-week might be better but we were there on a weekend and WOW.  .... just another opinion.

An easy way to control that is to conquer and inhabit, just like the military does...lol  

If we were to converge on the park and occupy two or three of the large culdesac spots, you would have effective control of enough of an area that you would not be effected by a party crowd, if they were there.

We go to the dune areas all the time and have found that this strategy works well.

Food for thought.

Also, having connections with the local LEO’s never hurts either.....lol

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

16 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

Also, having connections with the local LEO’s never hurts either.....lol

It's always good to have connections.

By the way, I just noticed your retirement countdown is ahead of mine.  That is not fair.  :huh:

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

2 hours ago, RickS said:

Looks like a fun place! 23 hrs and We'll be there.   😀

It would be a great place for you to escape some winter weather.

event.png    

On 5/9/2018 at 2:28 PM, Chad Heiser said:

It's always good to have connections.

By the way, I just noticed your retirement countdown is ahead of mine.  That is not fair.  :huh:

Well, like you, it is set to “Eligible”, so that will equate to being one day of being pissed off by departmental politics, from retiring...lol

John

Southern Nevada

event.png

Archived