Jump to content
burgiebill

Using daysend

Recommended Posts

I have iPhone- iPad trying to use daysend. I’ve downloaded the PDF file to my desk top and having a hard time with is program. When in maps, put all the info in but it won’t load. When I go to the page “How to Access the Day's End Directory” the addresses in blue won’t work? What am i doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are talking 2 different things. A downloaded pdf is a list of all the locations in the entire file. You go to the state and city you want within the file and make a selection.

The map requires internet access. I use a PC and never have had a problem. I just tried it on my tablet and the interactive works fine.

I am confused as to what you are using to access Days End. You say you have an Iphone/Ipad and have also downloaded the pdf to your desktop. Which one is giving you problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The PDF file you downloaded contains only the listings...you can't access the map from it. 

In order to access the map, you need to go to the Days End Directory website, SIGN IN, and then click on Route Planning Map.  Once at the map, fill in the Start Location and the End Location.  Once that's done, the map will automatically calculate a route showing the Day's End Directory listings along that route.  Click on one of the green pins and the listing from the Directory for that location should pop up.

I just tried the above on my android phone and it worked just as it should, albeit the map was smaller than on my computer and, thus, would probably be harder to work with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SWharton said:

You are talking 2 different things. A downloaded pdf is a list of all the locations in the entire file. You go to the state and city you want within the file and make a selection.

The map requires internet access. I use a PC and never have had a problem. I just tried it on my tablet and the interactive works fine.

I am confused as to what you are using to access Days End. You say you have an Iphone/Ipad and have also downloaded the pdf to your desktop. Which one is giving you problems.

iPad, when I asked for the free trial offer I received instruction from Guy. Lead me to this, 

“How to Access the Day's End Directory” 

trouble is none of the links worked on my iPad. Back to Guy, he recommend 

“Meanwhile, just type, or copy and paste, the link daysenddirectory.com into the field and you should get to our site.”

this link loaded the “map page” along with other things, download PDF files. Q andA, I downloaded the pdf. I have The latest Adobe reader. 

the mapping would not work, at the bottom of map look up is POI, none of the poi I have type in are there?

“At one time everything worked great on my iPad?

Now with all that said, it works on my iPhone?

OK, UPDATE! I’ve been trying several different things. On an iPad, mines on the bottom is, is the home bar with different things on it. When I have the “Daysend” on the home bar it works, when it’s on my desk top it does not? I have no idea???

Edited by burgiebill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I assume you have a Mac desk top. I know it works on a PC. Someone with a Mac will show up to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just as Linda said above. Curious, I clicked the Route Planning Map both signed in and not with the same results while on the MacBook, each route was planned & chock full of green pins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try it again and pick pois that show up in the drop down list, then click on the poi in the drop down box. Do that for the to and from and see what happens. Try Dallas, TX to Livingston, TX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, rm.w/aview said:

It's just as Linda said above. Curious, I clicked the Route Planning Map both signed in and not with the same results while on the MacBook, each route was planned & chock full of green pins.

But, if you're not logged in, what happens when you click on one of those green pins?  On my PC, I get the message that I must be logged in to view the directory listing.  Can you see the directory listing when you click on one of the green pins on your MacBook without being logged in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, LindaH said:

But, if you're not logged in, what happens when you click on one of those green pins?  On my PC, I get the message that I must be logged in to view the directory listing.  Can you see the directory listing when you click on one of the green pins on your MacBook without being logged in?

No, I must be logged in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You pay the $15/year(?) to have access to  the directory. This is not a free service. if you were able to download the pdf you must have paid the money I would think. Logon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SWharton said:

You pay the $15/year(?) to have access to  the directory. This is not a free service. if you were able to download the pdf you must have paid the money I would think. Logon.

True.

Although you can eliminate the $15 by providing "X" number of reports during the year.  I don't recall the exact number, but it's probably at the Day's End website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

RVers Online University

campgroundviews.com

Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.



×