Another plus for Sutherlin, OR

We always enjoy spending a week or two at Timber Valley and now the stop has gotten better:  Sutherlin HAS A STARBUCKS!   For those that don’t know me, being too far from a Starbucks is a reason for NOT stopping, so for us this is great news.   

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

I love my Keurig coffee maker but still can't bring myself to pay what those folks want for coffee.  And I have never been much into all of the doctored coffee drinks. But that is a business that I wish I owned a piece of! 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

5 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I love my Keurig coffee maker but still can't bring myself to pay what those folks want for coffee.  And I have never been much into all of the doctored coffee drinks. But that is a business that I wish I owned a piece of! 

Most restaurants now charge the same for their weak coffee as for a Venti straight coffee at Starbucks.  I don't drink any of the fancy ones, just a Venti Dark Roast (Gold Coast , Komodo Dragon, or Sumatra preferred) for me. 

And yes, having Starbucks in a porfolio is always a plus.  :D

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

21 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

We always enjoy spending a week or two at Timber Valley and now the stop has gotten better:  Sutherlin HAS A STARBUCKS!   For those that don’t know me, being too far from a Starbucks is a reason for NOT stopping, so for us this is great news.   

Barb

Really hard to pass on the Fusion restaurant followed by a post dinner Starbucks treat :)  Though the construction downtown hampers it a bit.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

21 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

Most restaurants now charge the same for their weak coffee as for a Venti straight coffee at Starbucks.  I don't drink any of the fancy ones, just a Venti Dark Roast (Gold Coast , Komodo Dragon, or Sumatra preferred) for me. 

And yes, having Starbucks in a porfolio is always a plus.  :D

I have gotten into Peets in California. Much smoother in my opinion.

But when we travel we do go to Starbucks. We also only drink drip.

If you buy a good brand of Kcup 20 ounces of coffee can cost you $1 to $1.50. Not much less than someone else brewing if for you. With all of the deals and promos Starbucks has out there you can get the cost of a Venti down significantly. We will definitely brew our own most of the time.  But I to will take Starbucks over anyone else's weak coffee any day of the week.

2024 GMC 3500HD DRW Denali Diesel

2019 Keystone Avalanche 396BH

USN Retired

2 hours ago, Pat & Pete said:

Never been in a Starbucks . Maybe I'm missing something , but , I've always seen them as tantamount to the pet rock . 

:(  I'm so sorry.  Don't you have any good roasters near you?

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

3 hours ago, Barbaraok said:

:(  I'm so sorry.  Don't you have any good roasters near you?

I'm the one that 'should' feel sorry for those that know no better . 

I do know what I like and it's not snake oil . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

3 hours ago, bobsallyh said:

For the sake of some fun, let's get a Starbucks vs Tim Horton's for our Canadian friends. I'm just baiting the hook as I don't drink either.

Tim Horton?  As bad as the Green Mountain Roasters we had at their Montpelier, NH shop.  😝

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

Never realized so many people don’t seek out good coffee (lots of good independent roasters out there besides Starbucks).   We have a grinder and try and visit new, different roasters as we travel.  For consistency we always make sure we have Gold Coast from Starbucks or Post Alley from Seattle’s Best with us.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

Never realized so many people don’t seek out good coffee (lots of good independent roasters out there besides Starbucks).   We have a grinder and try and visit new, different roasters as we travel.  For consistency we always make sure we have Gold Coast from Starbucks or Post Alley from Seattle’s Best with us.  

I'll bet you'd go miles out of your way so you wouldn't have to give up a decent bottle of wine . LOL

It's simply a matter of priorities . :D

27 minutes ago, Pat & Pete said:

I'll bet you'd go miles out of your way so you wouldn't have to give up a decent bottle of wine . LOL

It's simply a matter of priorities . :D

As apposed to going a short distance to buy poor quality wine  - is that really a question?

And we don't go miles out of our way - finding great wines are part of our activities each year, so how could that be 'out-of-the way?

Yes, our priorities are equal to seeking quality products in our life. B)

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

1 hour ago, Barbaraok said:

As apposed to going a short distance to buy poor quality wine  - is that really a question?

And we don't go miles out of our way - finding great wines are part of our activities each year, so how could that be 'out-of-the way?

Yes, our priorities are equal to seeking quality products in our life. 

It's simply a matter of priorities .  See how agreeable / amiable we are ? B)

Archived