New 5th wheel, what would you do?

Update:

i went to the dealer and inspected the unit after they took off the damaged mounding. I could see no damage to the cap or the side wall. 

I also did a complete inspection of the unit while I was there and came up with a small list of adjustments needed. 

I am told all will be ready for pickup of the unit this Saturday. 

So as long as the adjustments are made and more importantly if the molding is sealed to my liking and I receive the email from the manufacturer stating what they told me over the phone that they will stand behind the unit if we have any problems from this we will be picking up the unit. 

After I got past the salesman and dealt with the owner and service manager things went very smooth. 

I’ll probably have them throw in a new USA map for the DW and a max vent cover and I’ll be good with that. 

1 hour ago, DieselHP said:

After I got past the salesman and dealt with the owner and service manager things went very smooth. 

That is great to hear! I am not surprised to hear that maneuver was successful as very often the salespeople have little real authority but want to be involved. most dealership owners are pretty decent people but often employees, not so much. Of course, the dealer also has to work with his supplying factory so the manufacturer does play a part as well. Some manufacturers give dealers a lot of support while others do little. Good factory support makes it far easier for a dealer to handle things as it impacts his cost and this probably happened in shipment and was beyond his control. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived