Ford f450 2004 passenger airbag deactivation...anyone know how?

I'm not a Ford mechanic, but as far as I am aware, that's not possible in that particular model. If you don't have a keyed user deactivation switch on the dash near the climate control or accessible on the left side of the glovebox (when open), it's safe to say you can't.

Come to think of it. There "was" an option to file a waiver with the NHTSA and have one installed "aftermarket" by a dealer on some select configurations, but I have no idea if that is still a possibility.. or on what configurations it might be possible. If that's a potential option you want to pursue you might contact your local Ford dealership to find out definitevely. I would imagine it would require a new harness installation, though. I could be wrong.

Just looked and I "do" still have the 2004 activate/deactivate procedure sheet from Ford (ie., turning off the beltminder, autolock, passive anti-theft, etc.). I don't see anything for an airbag disable procedure their either, though.

If you have the RV at home in the UK it may be even more difficult. If you look in the chassis owner's manual there should be a phone number for the Ford Chassis Owner's Hotline that might be able to help. Back when we had a Ford Chassis motorhome I found them to be quite helpful but that has been several years ago. You may also check the Ford website at "contact us."

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

9 minutes ago, Runroblarun said:

Is there a fuse you could pull??

Sure. You can do that. It would disable "all" airbags and the airbag light will stay on. I've heard it said that the check engine light will also go on, but I don't know that for a fact. If so, the drawback there would be that you wouldn't be able to tell if you actually had a check engine issue because it is already illuminated. That's a choice you can make for yourself, though. 

38 minutes ago, Yarome said:

Sure. You can do that. It would disable "all" airbags and the airbag light will stay on. I've heard it said that the check engine light will also go on, but I don't know that for a fact. If so, the drawback there would be that you wouldn't be able to tell if you actually had a check engine issue because it is already illuminated. That's a choice you can make for yourself, though. 

I'm cool with that, I just haven't got a clue which fuse!

Archived