New Product? Solar panel feet.

Daveh

Well I lost a panel last week somewhere in Nebraska.  Anyway, I just happened to come across this in my Facebook stream. I  had not heard of them before. Maybe new. I am interested in the weight of the product as that may be a negative. The large surface area for the foot is interesting though. They say no screws for EPDM but I would be worried about lifting the EPDM.     https://greenlinkengineering.com/products/knuckleheads/#solar-support

Dave and Lana Hasper

Well, it certainly was a nasty wind. Three days in a row and we were trapped by schedule and route. Most of it was tail wind but on the third day it shifted to the north and we were headed easterly. It was up about 30mph maybe higher gusts. Bad but not horrible.  I normally would have taken the day off. I could see sway in semi trailers but I didn't feel any problems. We never heard or saw a thing. No idea anything was wrong until we were setting up and I saw solar wires hanging over the side. I had 6 mounts----4 of them held. I think the ones that ripped out were the last to go and so had the full force of the wind.  The other brackets still had pieces of the panel so it looks like the panel itself gave first not the brackets. I am wondering whether I lost a bolt in one of the mounts to get the whole thing started. Just can't tell. Scraped across our roof and tore out our antenna though so I have damage.  

Dave and Lana Hasper

I can’t find anywhere on their website where they talk about using these feet on an RV roof.  Everything they reference is on a building roof.  

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

12 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Ether bond is great stuff.

What is Ether Bond?  I did a Google Search and came up empty?

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

26 minutes ago, sundancer268 said:

What is Ether Bond?  I did a Google Search and came up empty?

I did too. I am pretty sure it was one of those autocorrect typos and he meant eternabond tape. Which is exactly what I put on my roof after the damage.

Dave and Lana Hasper

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I can’t find anywhere on their website where they talk about using these feet on an RV roof.  Everything they reference is on a building roof.  

Agreed. But........

Dave and Lana Hasper

Archived