Vegas Teacher

Hmmm... Long time ago, I had a fuel pressure gauge on a tractor, and the needle would slap back and forth like a fish tail.  I put in a brass thingy that dampened the pulses and the needle was steady.  I think I know where that brass thingy is hiding in the parts bin, and I have some fittings in the air line repair box.............

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Yes you could buy  slip on fiting and fill them with lead or braze them and then put in new o rings and then drill a small hole in the fill material and then drive some one elses truck to see if you got the right size hole and keep trying until you get it correct. I obviously thought about it but I have no one to go too to see,if I got,it right. They have a mony back guarantee so I decided not to reinvent the wheel. Now that they are in I think they deserve to be paid for there time and effort. And even though I could measure the hole and now make my own if I was to buy a different truck I would just order them. Every time I drive the truck I think about those stupid little valve that don't move or do anything and I think that I may have never spent my money any better.

19 hours ago, rickeieio said:

Hmmm... Long time ago, I had a fuel pressure gauge on a tractor, and the needle would slap back and forth like a fish tail.  I put in a brass thingy that dampened the pulses and the needle was steady.  I think I know where that brass thingy is hiding in the parts bin, and I have some fittings in the air line repair box.............

Reminds me of the old 4020 fuel gauge....It's electric but do you think if I could stop the fuel gauge from slapping like a fish, the old girl might act 18 again?  Then again it's hard work out in the field...... running the elevator is easy and close to home😎

Bob&Kay
2012 VNL730 I Shift D13 2.47 ratio
2018 Mobile Suites 40 kssb4

I put them on my 04 Volvo steering axel and I am very pleased. improved the handling and road feel.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

• 2 months later...

The Volvos with the front end air ride are a different breed. When I first got mine I had never experienced that type of feeling on any other truck I have driven. Yes I have in the past driven trucks that were plum wore out but the drivability was just plain different. The Volvo Front Air Ride is a small learning curve to get used to but it can be done. Like mentioned above the Sleeper sway does add to this road feeling. For something as easy as installing a couple of sets of Donvel Valves I can definitely attest to this being money well spent. If you don't have a good experience with the valves (which I highly doubt) send them back for a refund all your out is a couple of bucks for shipping. I love my Donvel Valves.

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

Hi Everyone,

If you were going to put Donvel products in your truck. Where would you put the first set at ? Suspension ? Cab ? or Seats ?

Thanks for any input,
Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

Why would you pay for shipping multiple times? Order enough for all, install, enjoy. Don't enjoy, remove and return.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

35 minutes ago, chief916 said:

I have a 1997 Volvo WIA 64.  Will these valves and bags work on something this old?  Any body out their using these valves on an older truck?

Yes they will work!  Just order the correct size for your tubing.  1/2 or 3/8

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

23 hours ago, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

Rear air bags and cab.

Hi Jim,

How about the front axle ? Do the front axle before doing the rear bags ? I can only do a section of the truck at a time. I need to stay in budget.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

I put the valves on the rear bags (existing bags), cab and seats. My Volvo does not have front bags. If I was going to do it one at a time then I would use this order. Cab, seats, drive axles. But for $300 or so it was easy to do all three at once. If your tandom it will cost another hundred or so.

8 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Jim,

How about the front axle ? Do the front axle before doing the rear bags ? I can only do a section of the truck at a time. I need to stay in budget.

I would do the cab, rear, front then seats.  I forgot you had one of them new fangled style trucks with airbags on the steering wheels...  😂

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

8 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Jim,

Front axle, cab and your choice on seats or rear axle next. Front axle first to address the understeer and softness feelings. Cab to minimize the swaying but this seems more benificial to the larger cab models. Seats are not a biggie but it probably depends on the brand of seat you have and how you adjust them. Rear bags seem to be a function of individual setups. I have all of the bases covered and found the front axle and cab valves returned the most noticeable results.  YMMV 

Brett Wickert, who is active on HDT forum on Facebook, put them on his Volvo and did an extensive writeup, testing, different valves, and retesting, working with Donvell, etc. Very good information with before and after test results. 

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Well I bit the bullet and just ordered my first valves for my rear springs.  Once it gets a little warmer I plan on ordering the front steer bags.  Robin at Donvel was a big help and very informative.  Its gonna be interesting to see how this suspension upgrade will perform.  what I do know is that with the suspension I have now, I most definitely WILL NOT drive through Indianapolis.  

Stay tuned (no pun intended)

Ben 

Archived