Price of Diesel fuel

Vegas Teacher

2 hours ago, noteven said:

A bush pilot told me one time: “the only time you have too much gas is when yer on fire.”

But - beware the algae that can grow in diesel fuel sitting in tanks for long time. Take precautions for your region.

And remember this.  All things being equal, fat people tend to use more soap....

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

7 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

A bush pilot told me one time: “the only time you have too much gas is when yer on fire.”

But - beware the algae that can grow in diesel fuel sitting in tanks for long time. Take precautions for your region.

7 hours ago, VegasFlyer said:

And remember this.  All things being equal, fat people tend to use more soap....

So........Fat / Clean folks in Bush planes tend to have too much.......gas.....

Drive on...........(Too much........Fat?.......Gas?......Soap?......Fire?........???)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We just picked up our HDT, lowest diesel was in MO, at $2.89 a gal. Topped off again in Ohio at $2.99, before entering PA. Have enough for running around and to get out of state on our camping trip. Local diesel here is like 3.59.

Chris  :ph34r:.

Sandpiper 379 FLOK, Volvo 2012 730.

20180525_081811_resizednumber1.jpg

Watch the Costco card. I was told if you fuel more than 75 gallons at the GASOLINE PRICE ANYWHERE, you lose the 4% discount. Diesel is more than reg gas now, so do the math before fueling. However, if you shut the pump off and re-enter the card, it becomes 2 separate transactions. And do not make the mistake of getting EXACTLY the same amount twice, the card kicks it out as a duplicate transaction.

You'd have to see the movie to understand..........

• 2 weeks later...

If you have not tired it. Gas Guru app I put on my phone. Gives you all the prices of fuel. Allows you to chose Diesel, or gas. And has saved me $60.00 on a single fuel up..

Also Truck stops jack the prices up. That way they can offer the Big discounts to fleets. That could buy at local places. For less then the Flying J, Pilot, Petro and others. Call there Big Discount. Local Love's here is $3.13 per gallon. Across the road its $2.79 Unreal for sure. And 7 miles south its $2.66

event.png

Its still just a tick under 3 bucks here in Northeastern Nebraska. Just a little heads up if you are going to be out this way. Do not fuel at Sapp Bros truck stops. They have had bad fuel for the past year or so. I keep hearing more horror stories. Even the Diesel pickup page on Facebook is telling people to stay away and posting pictures of the water in their tanks from Sapps. Last fall it barely got in the 20s and the blended fuel was jelling up already. 

One of my neighbors had a runaway a few weeks ago. They religiously buy fuel at Sapps. The cause of the runaway was determined to be the fuel. It was full of kerosene.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

The best part of our rigs is we have the option to pick and choose areas to fill!!  My plan when I finish up my work in Wisconsin is to top off the tank and head home to Texas before I fill up again.  Should "Save Big Money" and we do not even have a Menard's  that far South. This makes the decision to change up the rear end ratio from 3.70 to 3.25 a no brainer for the long term. Since our HDT is going to be our long term retirement we will save the cost of the ratio change in 25,000-30,000 short miles. Gas Buddy and any other Apps out there cannot compensate for the 10 cent rise in fuel just hours before your planned stop happens.  Had that one happen to me on the way up in Des Moines, IA a couple of weeks ago.   Got to the station and the price had jumped 10 cents.  When I asked the clerk what happened he told me I missed the cheaper price by 2 hours,  Go figure....... LOL  I still believe that  our tanks maybe bigger and cost more to fill but the advantages far out weigh the having to look for a station every 250 miles like my old 1 ton that got the same mileage.......😊

Life is great when you can scratch that hitch itch.........

1999, Volvo VNL 610, D12/10 spd Eaton, Manual, 370 gears   Aka  The Beast

2014 Crossroads Redwood 38GK     Used to be called the Beast Tamer when I had to tow with my old 1 ton Dodge but not anymore!!

3 hours ago, TomNGina said:

The best part of our rigs is we have the option to pick and choose areas to fill!!  My plan when I finish up my work in Wisconsin is to top off the tank and head home to Texas before I fill up again.  Should "Save Big Money" and we do not even have a Menard's  that far South. This makes the decision to change up the rear end ratio from 3.70 to 3.25 a no brainer for the long term. Since our HDT is going to be our long term retirement we will save the cost of the ratio change in 25,000-30,000 short miles. Gas Buddy and any other Apps out there cannot compensate for the 10 cent rise in fuel just hours before your planned stop happens.  Had that one happen to me on the way up in Des Moines, IA a couple of weeks ago.   Got to the station and the price had jumped 10 cents.  When I asked the clerk what happened he told me I missed the cheaper price by 2 hours,  Go figure....... LOL  I still believe that  our tanks maybe bigger and cost more to fill but the advantages far out weigh the having to look for a station every 250 miles like my old 1 ton that got the same mileage.......😊

OMG - Save Big Money, We go to Michigan every year to see my wife's family. When I leave Michigan or the northern mid west I leave humming their jingle to almost I - 15 or I - 95 depending on where we are going. Now they have a Menard's in Olathe Kansas where my little brother lives.

Hi Everyone,

I just finished watching the news. Their were talking about crude oil prices going up over the summer. There was some talk in the news  that crude could get up to $100 per barrel. Go figure, just in time for summer.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

3 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

I just finished watching the news. Their were talking about crude oil prices going up over the summer. There was some talk in the news  that crude could get up to $100 per barrel. Go figure, just in time for summer.

Al

Why or what is the reason behind this? I think we should tap every available inch of the U.S. Leaving all state parks and national parks alone of course and go after more oil produced from Corn.

3 hours ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Everyone,

Al

I'm wondering how this might affect 5th wheel prices.  I don't like higher fuel costs but we're looking for a 5th in the future.  How high did gas prices have to get in 2008 before it hurt RV sales?

Howdy All,

From what I have been able to discern the USA, is now the LARGEST oil EXPORTER on the planet.  But that does not transfer into lower fuel prices as that oil or finished product is being sold all over the world for a lot more money then the producers can get here in the USA.  There is a price run up now due in large part to speculation of another middle east war that will disrupt production and transport of all oil related products.  Venezuela's oil production is in the crapper as its society and economy unwinds.  Summer driving season is here so the price has historically gone UP, why, because the oil companies can it's really just that simple.

Of course this is happening now that I have invested in a classic truck which will get less mpg then the Freightliner, I have for sale but I knew before going in that direction that the lower fuel prices we have been enjoying the last couple of years were going to end sooner or later.  Here on the left coast, we are paying well over 3 bucks a gallon, in the PRoW diesel is now going for 3.39-3.69 per gallon, in California I hear its at or slightly over 4 bucks a gallon, bend over here it comes.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

9 minutes ago, HERO Maker said:

I know what you feel like Dave.  I remember when we were getting into this whole thing at the end of '08, and we were budgeting $5.00 per gal then.  Glad it did come down, but who knows what's next.

Howdy Rocky,

I will complain as much or more then the next guy about the price of fuel but to be honest about as this stage of my life and my age I really don't care all that much, I have worked hard to be debt free, ya can't take it with ya so if it gives me pleasure to spend it on fuel, I will.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

7 hours ago, mr. cob said:

Howdy Rocky,

I will complain as much or more then the next guy about the price of fuel but to be honest about as this stage of my life and my age I really don't care all that much, I have worked hard to be debt free, ya can't take it with ya so if it gives me pleasure to spend it on fuel, I will.

Dave

Dave, I totally agree.  How long did you have to work for a gallon of fuel when you graduated from high school, versus now?

When I got out, 1972, I made about $1.00/hr and gas was around $0.35.  $4.00 fuel isn't so bad.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

8 hours ago, HERO Maker said:

I know what you feel like Dave.  I remember when we were getting into this whole thing at the end of '08, and we were budgeting $5.00 per gal then.  Glad it did come down, but who knows what's next.

I was just thinking about that. I'm not going to complain about $3 fuel I might squeal al little bit at $4 but I do remember when It was $5. Driving my suburban pulling a little trailer on vacation getting 9 mpg. Everyone makes a big deal about my freightliner. You are only going to get 8 or 9 mpg 10 if you are lucky. So. How is that different than any other vehicle I have? Shoot I only got between 10 and 13 with my Duramax. That was a big disappointment right there. Everyone saying they get 15 towing. HA HA HA Liars. 

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Need to google "crude oil price predictions". Out to 2030 I see no predictions  near the $100 mark. Things could change in a second but even diesel prices look like there is very little change through 2019.

2002 Beaver Marquis Emerald   C-12 Cat 505 HP

2014 Volvo 630 D-13 I Shift SOLD

2017 New Horizons SOLD

As a Canuck I always dutifully answer all “mileage” inquiries in our statute miles per Imperial gallon. Even when visiting the USA. I know I know not very nice... “sorry” 😁

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Price will probably creep up.  Last week the North Dakota Oil folks were saying that they have permits to drill new wells again.  More in the month of April than the previous 4 months combined.  But the cost of drilling pushes the prices up.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived