Teton owners need advise on a solar factory ready?

Was looking over my sales broacher and it states solar ready standard equipment. Well this is news to me. Looked in fuse area and there is a fuse with wires coming from it labeled solar. Not easily to trace down. Do any of you know what this consist of?

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yeah all the rigs I have seen for solar ready rigs is very thin wire that is a joke. If you really are going to do solar, do it correctly with the correct gauge wire. It's just another marketing ploy. 

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

1 hour ago, lockmup68 said:

If I understand correctly, there is a small wire from the roof to the fuse box, but can only handle a 100watt panel.

Ok. Well at least something is run there. Know its too small for any decent solar system but has a pathway for it. I will get up in there and see if I can trace it down. Thanks

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

17 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Ok. Well at least something is run there. Know its too small for any decent solar system but has a pathway for it. I will get up in there and see if I can trace it down. Thanks

I believe the wire is in the wall to the right of the fuse panel (bathroom wall/wall with the light switch/fan switch on right as you go up the stairs. I swear I asked this question on the teton group right after I bought the trailer. Found it:

I have an 07 experience. Right above the bedroom slideout (street side) on the roof is a recessed plug for solar panel(s) Internal wire runs from plug to water closet wall, right side of the door. The solar wire will be in the hollow cavity of the wall. Go down below in the storage basement and look on the electrical 12 volt panel and you'll find an empty fuse slot for solar right next to it is the wire number that will correspond to the wire in the wall cavity. And that is your solar prep.

Other info:
Shannon, I posted a few pictures of my solar install in our forum's Photos section or you can get to them by clicking here

I ran 4ga welding wire from my combiner box to my solar controller through the cavity between the shower stall and the pantry.  I removed the pantry drawers then out the side panel (it's only 1/4" thick) to gain access to the cavity.  Notice I installed my combiner box close to one of the vents.  I drilled a 1" hole in the roof, dropped the wire & then created a bead of Dicor to surround the hole before placing the combiner box on top.  After screwing the combiner box down, I Dicored (is that a word?) the entire perimeter of the box to the roof. If your controller was pre-installed by Teton, then your electronics are probably located on the wall next to the bathroom door and the pocket door.  If so, you can do just as I did but drill your hole next to the vent located above that same wall.

#2:
On our 2004 Sunrise Experience 33-foot I have two 100W panels on the roof near the front of the trailer. I ran the wires down the black water tank vent pipe. I drilled a hole in the pipe slightly above the roof line, then another hole about 2 inches above the tank, behind the slider in the basement.
The tricky part is to snag the wire through the hole above the tank as you drop it down from the roof. Make the bottom hole large enough to be able to pull the wire through. Before dropping them, wrap the end of the wires together with some vinyl electricians tape and put a gentle bend near the end. As the wires descend twist the wires at the roof so the bend is heading toward the bottom hole. With enough patience and someone gently dropping the wire through the pipe from the roof it can be done. The nice thing about using the vent pipe is that the holes can easily be sealed with silicone and you don't puncture the roof in the process. Works like a charm.

HTH,
Shannon

2003 International Eagle 9200i, Cummins ISX, Freedomline

2007 Teton Scottsdale XT4

Ok. I saw that nipple type piece on roof there. Always wondered what it was. Thanks. Looked at pics, neat install. Mine will be a little different. I removed our front ac so that area is wide open. Plan on removing the skylight also

Archived