Coach-Net Crashed on me

ChuckD

Well, Good news and Bad news.. Found out I did have towing on insurance policy, just didn't see it.  So they will pay about 3/4 of it.  Won't cover extraction from tree.  Guess most company's won't.  Coach-Net does say they will cover  in their list of benefits  that but they won't talk to me.

Bad news, my car was totaled and they won't cover the tow bar.  Strange.  Now I need a new toad, base plate, tow bar, cables and wiring,  It never ends..  The Honda CR-V was good and easy to set-up so maybe I will get another.  Any other ideas for a good, easy vehicle  to set-up and go?  Maybe I should start another topic,

2005 Jayco Greyhawk 30 ft
2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Blog: www.RVtravelsofPauline.blogspot.com

29 minutes ago, ChuckD said:

Well, Good news and Bad news.. Found out I did have towing on insurance policy, just didn't see it.  So they will pay about 3/4 of it.  Won't cover extraction from tree.  Guess most company's won't.  Coach-Net does say they will cover  in their list of benefits  that but they won't talk to me.

Bad news, my car was totaled and they won't cover the tow bar.  Strange.  Now I need a new toad, base plate, tow bar, cables and wiring,  It never ends..  The Honda CR-V was good and easy to set-up so maybe I will get another.  Any other ideas for a good, easy vehicle  to set-up and go?  Maybe I should start another topic,

Honda Fit, same easy setup but about 900 lbs lighter.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

The Honda Fit?  WOW  Glad you told me that.  The Motorhome Dinghy Addition doesn't even list that.  What year is yours?  

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

6 hours ago, LFDR3116 said:

Your insurance company should be paying for the tow as part of your claim for the damage

I wonder if they will also pay for new underwear? If it had been me I would have such a claim!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Ease of setup for towing is not related to the car but to what base plate and tow bar you purchase. The bigger challenge is finding a car you can tow 4 down.

I would have thought the car insurance would have paid for the extraction.............and the total tow bill since it was an accident.

9 hours ago, ChuckD said:

The Honda Fit?  WOW  Glad you told me that.  The Motorhome Dinghy Addition doesn't even list that.  What year is yours?  

For Honda, look at 2014 or earlier.  That was the last year of the towable automatic transmission.  

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

4 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

I wonder if they will also pay for new underwear? If it had been me I would have such a claim!

No Kirk, that was covered under the homeowners and it was a bunch  :D

Thanks Bill, I will check into it.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

10 hours ago, ChuckD said:

As Bill said any pre 2014, mine was a 2012.  Nice thing is it is a hatchback, back seats fold flat, almost as much room as a CRV. Losing  900 lbs feels like you are gaining 50 hp! [Might be a slight exaggeration]

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

Jcussen and Bill

I found the manuals for both the 2012 and the 2014 Honda Fit and they both said that to tow behind a Motorhome would ruin the transmission.  What am I missing?  I will go to the Honda dealers tomorrow but you can't find a salesman who knows anything like that.  Maybe I will talk to the sales Manager.  Thanks for your help.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Remco, the towing folks, list the 2013 and back automatic Fit as towable as is. Oddly, they only list the Fit EV for 2014 (dolly tow), but I recall that the non-EV 2014 Fit was unchanged from 2013. The 2015 automatics on are dolly/trailer tow only due to the CVT.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

The dealer will probably not know anything. Fit has same basic transmission at CRV. Several companies make base plates for towing the Honda auto's [non CVT]. Do not know what manuals you found, but the one that came with my car gave the specific steps to follow before towing 4 wheel down, the same with the CRV.     https://www.etrailer.com/question-53028.html     Some companies are revising their tow policies  even if the car is towable 4 down, because of litigation. Knew one guy who toasted his transmission because he did not follow the proper recommended procedure before towing. He said the manufacturer should pay for his transmission replacement. 

I just got back from the dealer where I "fit" the Honda Fit.  I am a big fellow and the Fit is small.  I felt my feet were sitting on the front bumper.  Afraid it is a little to small for me.  But thanks for the information.  So still looking for a toad.

2007 Honda CR-V Toad
Pauline and I

Archived