Internet Connection Error Message(s)

jc2

My internet provider/equipment:

Time Warner/Spectrum-Technicolor modem/router combo, Windows 10 Pro, all software and drivers were/still kept updated, Ethernet cable replaced.

Late last summer/early fall about 4-6 weeks pryor to leaving for our winter spot, I started having the following error messages show on the Dell 17 inch laptop screen using both Ethernet and wifi connections.

1.  (90% of the time)"Your not connected to a network"(would usually self correct within 3-5 seconds if not would hit the F5-refresh key.

2.  (8% of the time)"Can't reach this page"(would usually self correct as above) 

3.  (2% of the time) "XXX.com website not responding"(would also self correct as above.

Called Time Warner/Spectrum and they sent a so called tech out who couldn't find anything wrong. facepalm.gif

Left for the winter in Oct and used a Verizon Jetpack with the same laptop for internet and did not receive these messages.  Arrived home several weeks ago, reconnected to the Technicolor modem/router combo and the same error message started within 3-4 hours.

Called Time Warner/Spectrum and they again sent a "tech" out.  He reportedly replaced several outside/inside cable connection.  Within 1-2 hrs after leaving,  error messages started again. 

I connected to the Jetpack several days ago and have "not" had one error message.

Thoughts anyone............confused.gif

2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304-Spartan Chassis-Cummins ISL 425hp-2013 Chevrolet Equinox AWD Towed-SKP# 120487-FMCA #402879-

Your WiFi adapter card in the computer is booting later than the computer in cases where it is connecting after a few seconds. In most cases you can fix the problem by going to the manufacturer website and downloading the correct driver for your adapter.

Here is a discussion with 72 answers that cover this issue once you click the down arrow to expand to all the replies.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_devices/wifi-driver-problem-on-windows-10-technical/c03f7dc1-cd9d-4547-8d1c-2562fdbd6a37

And here how to reset the adapter or find it and what model it is to find the right drivers.:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=reset+wifi+adapter+windows+10&FORM=R5FD3

Hope that helps!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived