DISH Let You Change Your Own Local Stations

Zulu

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Zulu said:

Appears to be a "buggy" DISH rollout . . . some folks can use the "Manage Locals" features, others (like me) can't even see the option. Check the IRV2 link above for more info.

Do you have a Dish "Outdoor" account or a regular residential account and take equipment with you on the road. Only the "Outdoor" accounts qualify for this feature.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

9 minutes ago, Second Chance said:

Do you have a Dish "Outdoor" account or a regular residential account and take equipment with you on the road. Only the "Outdoor" accounts qualify for this feature.

Rob

Bummer - I got excited for a few minutes there.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Yep, just found that out. I have a "home" account and the option to update local channels is not available. Dish told me that it is only available if my outdoor equipment was on a separate account. Interesting that both receivers are on the same home account and I can update my locals by calling in, but not on the app.

Rex & Karen

Libre y pobre en La Casa Rodante

I have a "home" account but while on the road (if I ONLY carry my Dome and Wally) I call and have them cancel my home receiver and add the Wally so there's no additional $7 per month fee. If I carry and choose to use my big dish and home receiver I simply leave it activated. I HAVE TO CALL THEM TO CHANGE LOCALS but it only takes a few minutes. I love having BOTH options (home plus dome) as each has advantages as well as disadvantages

John T

3 hours ago, WeBeFulltimers said:

Dish "Chat" works just fine without calling.

I've used the chat method for a couple of years now.  However, the other day when I tried to initiate a chat I got a silly chat bot that was supposed to screen the chat requests for the proper department.  I couldn't get past "I see you need to talk to a human" response - after that, nothing.

I finally went to the Dish Facebook page and got someone there.  They happily updated my locals for me.  They said they would pass my chat bot issue on to whoever is setting it up.

Anyway, I sure would like being able to just change my locals myself - but alas, that isn't going to be available to me right now.

Does anyone know if there are any differences in a home account versus an outdoor one other than the travel aspect? Like price or anything? Ours started in s&b but now RV only and we told Dish that but they didn’t change the account. I’d like to push it so I can get the option to change locals myself on the app, but want to make sure it doesn’t make any major changes to my account.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

I'm hoping they'll eventually extend the feature to the web version of MyDish as well since I prefer using a full sized keyboard when possible. I've installed the MyDish app in an Android emulator on my laptop that works as a pretty good substitute though.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

22 hours ago, Second Chance said:

Rob

Oddly, I never signed up for, asked for, or otherwise mentioned my RV when I initiated my Dish account some years ago. I did call DishForMyRV when I was ready to activate my first receiver and tripod mounted dish, all purchased from third parties, but all they did was put me through to the appropriate department at Dish to set up a Pay-As-You-Go (Flex) account. At some point, the "Outdoor" designation appeared on my MyDish account, but I have no idea what the criteria for it is.

Dutch

3 hours ago, GR "Scott" Cundiff said:

I've used the chat method for a couple of years now.  However, the other day when I tried to initiate a chat I got a silly chat bot that was supposed to screen the chat requests for the proper department.  I couldn't get past "I see you need to talk to a human" response - after that, nothing.

If that happens again, type in "service address" and the chat bot will ask for your usual info, then send you to a person who can change your service address.  

If I NEVER have to call Dish again to change my locals, I will be THRILLED!!!  Nothing but trouble.  Chat has been good to me.

I had to change service address yesterday so thought I would address the issue. My account is already marked as an Outdoor account but it is not a “pay-as-you-go” account or pay in advance account. The rep said only those accounts have access to changing their service address at this time. Don’t know when it will be available to everyone else. 

I hope it’s soon. Even though the chat feature isn’t bad, I still don’t like doing it every few days. I’d rather do it myself.

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

19 hours ago, remoandiris said:

If that happens again, type in "service address" and the chat bot will ask for your usual info, then send you to a person who can change your service address.  

If I NEVER have to call Dish again to change my locals, I will be THRILLED!!!  Nothing but trouble.  Chat has been good to me.

Thanks.  I actually tried a few other keywords, but don't remember if I used "service address" or not.  I'll give it a try when we move again.

Well that makes sense, provide an App for people who use the service once in a while and not for people who use if full time.  Be nice to address the Dish Board on that.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

24 minutes ago, Dutch_12078 said:

I wonder if the initial limited roll out is being used a functionality test for debugging purposes. 

You mean like the Hopper was? ;)

Seriously, IMO the best way to get the DISH app implemented is for us to keep calling DISH.

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

4 hours ago, Zulu said:

You mean like the Hopper was? ;)

Seriously, IMO the best way to get the DISH app implemented is for us to keep calling DISH.

You mean the Hopper 2000 Beta DVR? :rolleyes::D

And oh yeah, staying after them sometimes does get it done eventually. 

Dutch

1 minute ago, Mark and Dale Bruss said:

I don't know, the Hopper 2000 worked fine for me.

Have you tried a 2000 with the Carbon UI installed? My Hopper 2's are working ok with it, but my neighbor's 2000 is painful to use after it was forced on him.

Dutch

Nope, I migrated to the Hopper 3 as soon as it came out.  I like being on the leading edge.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived