National Toll Pass?

I don't think this has moved very far forward. I never thought it was just for rental cars. My understanding it that the goal is a national pass for everyone. I have never understood the need for each state to re-invent the toll system for that specific state. I 15 or 19 east coast states can use one system with minimal problems why have a different system in each state? Probably more money in each states pocket.

11 hours ago, SWharton said:

... I have never understood the need for each state to re-invent the toll system for that specific state. I 15 or 19 east coast states can use one system with minimal problems why have a different system in each state?

The problem likely comes from getting states to agree on whose system to use, or what data standard to use in order to share data. Here in TX we do have sharing of data among the 3 or so different told systems so that you only need an account with one of them, but I suspect it will take some time for the sharing to go nationwide. It took federal legislation to get the medical community to share data for our medical records so this will probably be the same way.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

During our travels last summer I found that the North Carolina EZ pass was included the most states as it included interoperability with the peach pass and the sun pass too.   I looked into the national pass but it seemed a bit pricey at a minimum of $8 a month if unused.  I could not get them to tell me which states it didn't work in.   As far as I can tell it doesn't work in WA and GA.  But there are probably others.   But they just wouldn't say.   A company should make sure you understand where it doesn't work.   Maybe that will change. 

-Bill

2006 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40QDP
Freightliner XCR, 400 hp Cummins
Toad 2014 Chevy Equinox (DWM)
Blog: http://cowlesmountain.com/Travels/

S&B San Diego

I have a couple of EZ-Passes (i'm in NY) but as many have pointed out, there are a few systems and the ones I linked cover EZ-Pass and a few others but are pricey.  No monthly fees and in fact discounts for using EZ-Pass.  I guess that's what I'll stick with.  Thanks for all for your input.  -Steve

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

Many of the truckers use https://prepass.com/services/electronic-toll-payments/ 

You can set it up for a non-commercial vehicle, but there is a monthly fee.  About $9 or so.  It doesn't cover any weigh station issues although it is the same PrePass company.  

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Archived