Insurance

Jemstone

We have been notified by National General Insurance that we will have to pay $2,000 for next years HDT policy.  This includes our trailer, which National General says must be included with the truck.  Is this in line with what y’all are finding?  Thanks,  John

John McLaughlin

2010 Volvo 730, D13, I-shift, singled and decked

2014 Lifestyle 38' Fifth Wheel

11 hours ago, Jemstone said:

We have been notified by National General Insurance that we will have to pay $2,000 for next years HDT policy.  This includes our trailer, which National General says must be included with the truck.  Is this in line with what y’all are finding?  Thanks,  John

Yes

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

12 hours ago, Jemstone said:

Jem,

What are your replacement values & lib. Limits?

Drive on......(how much insurance did I buy?)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

We had a discussion with our insurance guy, and our accountant, about liability insurance limits.  It seems the norm is a $1m umbrella.  But, what if that worries you?  Perhaps you've been fortunate enough to be worth more?  Would not the person who's coming after you aim higher?  Should I carry a $2m umbrella?  More?

In the end, we decided most lawyers will go after the low hanging fruit, and that's usually the common $1m.

And replacement values........If you have an older unit, like many of we part timers do, replacement, while a concern, isn't a disaster.  I can live with NADA values in exchange for lower premiums.  Until I have a claim....:o

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I think I also had National General but got a non renewal letter and they are telling me Safeco is my alternative at just under $2k. My renewal is in June will shop around a little just in case. Anyone have suggestions other than the ones that have been on the Reference page for a while?

Thanks, 

Rod

Enjoy the snow at the ECR. Looks like more may be on the way. 

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

12 hours ago, lappir said:

I think I also had National General but got a non renewal letter and they are telling me Safeco is my alternative . . . 

It is National Interstate, not National General, that is non-renewing all of their RV and Fulltimer policies and "placing" their former policyholders with Safeco.  National General continues to write recreational policies.  I just went through that myself this past February.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

I agree with you Phil D, the policy holders can renew the plan and continue with the same benefits of the policy. Many times the renewal of the policy also increases the premium rates depending on the insurance coverage. It is better to take some additional info from the insurance experts who can help in planning for the most appropriate plan with the maximum coverage. We need to get the required insurance and not over insure the basic coverage like the disaster and accidental loss is covered in almost all the insurance plans for the RV insurance, home insurance Boca Raton, etc. and all other insurance plans.

Talked with my agent in early March about possible increases from National General due to the claims from the hurricanes that affected so many people. He said if it goes up more than we would like he would help to find another carrier and try to hold the coverage to what we have. Renewal received in mid March and rig and truck went up $20.00 per month. Satisfied with coverage and agent.

Dave

2004 Volvo 630 left tandem with 12 speed Freedomline

2014 Sandpiper 35 ROK 42' fifth wheel

Western Golf & Country Cart (EZ-GO frame)

Archived