Border

NDBirdman

Just noticed that the (6 inch) wallpaper border is starting to pull away at the top.  When it is the best way to re-attach it to the wall without tape or something that will make a mess of it?

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

Is this a border that came with the RV or one that you applied later? If like what Pam used in our kitchen you just dampen it and put it into places as it has glue on it. If that is what yours is I would try dampening it first. If not then I would try to find some glue of similar type as it will need to be compatible with the existing adhesive. While you might get rubber cement to hold it, if you ever remove the border it will be difficult to remove all of your old glue. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

4 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

While you might get rubber cement to hold it, if you ever remove the border it will be difficult to remove all of your old glue. 

My experience with rubber cement is once you get a bit of an edge lifted the rest just rolls right up. For years my mom and I used rubber cement to hold the exterior and interior of leather wallets in place while we laced the edges. If we didn't get the two pieces lined up just right we could peel them apart and try again. Plus, you know how your credit cards come lightly attached to a piece of thick paper? That's rubber cement. It just rolls right off if you decide to remove it before recycling the paper.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

15 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

Is this a border that came with the RV or one that you applied later?

This is factory border, it runs all through the camper.  I will try to re-wet it and see if it sticks.  If not, I will try the glue-stick.

Thanks ya'll.

2002 Fifth Avenue RV (RIP) 2015 Ram 3500 Mega-cab DRW(38k miles), 6.7L Cummins Diesel, A668RFE, 3.73, 14,000 GVWR, 5,630 Payload, 27,300 GCWR, 18,460 Max Trailer Weight Rating(For Sale) , living in the frigid north, ND.

12 hours ago, Randyretired said:

When a little of the border came loose in our RV we used wall paper glue.  Dabbed a little on a paint brush and used a damp rag to wipe off the excess. 

That is what I would do also, but fortunately, we found a problem that we have not had in an RV! Pam tells me that she has had that happen in her kitchen and she did the same as Randy.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived