Meal plan for RV park guests

Matt J

One thing to consider, as with all businesses, are your demographics. If the majority of your campers are trailer campers and/or have towed vehicles,  and they are local working folks that are almost guaranteed to be there for a month, then this is a thing that I could see  being used.  When I was an IT consultant/contractor, I used my rig for work, and I would be setup in an RV park for months. After a little while you start dining in or looking around for cheap eateries to save money. Something quick I could get on a Saturday morning or on my way in from work without having to fight traffic near the job site is a definite plus for that sort of camper. Most of us didn't come home and cook. We ate out, or lived on "bachelor food" like tv dinners and sandwiches. 

As others have said though, most campgrounds can tell you who delivers, and offers discount coupons.  So you won't get the same person more then once a week, if that. 

These kinds of odd options can, I feel, work. I remember I was doing a medical records migration at a very tiny rural hospital, and the nearest town had a gas station and a post office. I asked the clerk at the gas station where someone could get a bite to eat in the area, and she advised me to visit the senior care center near the hospital. I scratched my head, and honestly I thought she was being humorous. Later I heard some other people talking, and found out that the place offered dine in lunches at a discounted price. I decided to check it out, and I was shocked to find the dining room packed. I paid my for my meal (less then $5), and I got a tray with some delicious smelling baked chicken and mashed potatoes. I found a seat and had an interesting discussion with a world war II vet, and I was leaving I met the administrator. I found out that this was their way of helping the residents feel less lonely, and it offered the staff at the hospital and the whole town as well as the transient workers a place to eat nearby. I ate there 3 times a week until the job was finished. 

52 minutes ago, khantroll said:

I asked the clerk at the gas station where someone could get a bite to eat in the area, and she advised me to visit the senior care center near the hospital...I found out that this was there way if helping the residents feel less lonely, and it offered the staff at the hospital and the whole town as well as the transient workers a place to eat nearby. I ate there 3 times a week until the job was finished. 

I love reading about innovations offered by care centers. This one struck me as a win-win for everyone.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Archived